Daniel Ricciardo- Stressed out

You have been living with your boyfriend Daniel Ricciardo for a year now. You often come along to the races and you see each other as much as possible. It is even jokingly said that you are attached to the hip. The Australia race is coming up and you can see Daniel is tense. He is always a little tense before his home race, but this time it is different. 

"We fly tomorrow already Dan, do you look forward to it?" you ask. "Of course babe, it's my home race. And we finally get to see my family again," says Daniel. His face changes from a smile to a very tense expression, it almost scares you a little but you let it go. This behaviour has been going on for a week now and it does not suit Danny at all. his behaviour makes you almost feel insecure about yourself. 

The next day you will get on a plane to Melbourne. Daniel's family has come to see you again. And you have some time together, everyone is very happy to see each other again. You also hope that this will loosen Daniel up a bit. But after a few hours you notice that the whole family is very tense, this can't be caused by you, can it? 

When the two of you arrive at the hotel, you are fed up. "Okay, now you are going to say what is going on first because I am not taking this Danny," you say. Daniel looks at you, startled: " What are you talking about baby?" Suddenly you start crying: "You are really acting differently and this is making me very insecure". "Oh shoot that's really not the intention, but I really can't say anything, I'm so sorry!" laughs Daniel uncomfortably. "Yes, make it even less clear to me!" you say sarcastically. You walk out of the hotel room and sit in the bathroom, feeling frustrated. There you wait until Daniel leaves for the media day.

During Daniel's busy media day, you meet his mother and sister for a coffee and a bit of shopping. You try them to open up, but it's not easy. "Do you feel that something is bothering Danny?" you ask them. "No, I think he is tense for his home race, somehow it brings up a lot," says his mother. "No, it is not that. It must be something else" you say. Daniel's mother and sister look at each other. "Okay maybe I'm crazy too, but I just feel really insecure when he acts like that." you tell them in confidence. "Oh sweetie, he'll come around, he loves you so much!" says Michelle. "I mean it I'm looking forward to the race but secretly I can't wait for it to end so I can have my boyfriend back" you say smiling sadly.

On the day of the race, everyone is excited, everyone except you. You are extremely nervous, not only about the race itself but also about Daniel. Will you get your boyfriend back, the happy, smiling boy you fell in love with? 

The race is very exciting and in the end Daniel comes 6th. Something he is very happy about after a bad start of the season. He is soon back in the pit where you are waiting for him. He usually gives everyone in the team a pat on the back or a high five first. But today, he walks straight up to you and gets a quick shout from his race engineer on the way.

You look at Daniel with a surprised expression "uh well done love! You were very quick today." Daniel laughs but says nothing and stands very close to you. "Okay this is getting a bit uncomfortable now Dan, everyone is watching." you whisper. He winks at you and drops to one knee " Sorry I was so super vague and my family with me, but I want to use my home race to do this. You are the love of my life, from day one you have been my best friend and I love you incredibly. That is why I would like to ask you if you would marry me.

You are really very surprised: "Oh my Danny!" you look at the ring he is giving you. It's a beautiful diamond, just right for you. "Well what is your answer" says Daniel nervously, "Oh sorry, yes of course" you say super happy. Everyone stands around you clapping and Daniel's parent rushes to you. "Finally!" says his mother. "I was so tired of keeping this a secret!". 

"I am at least glad that your behaviour is not down to me Danny, what a surprise this is!" you say. "I am really sorry, it will never be down to you you are perfect to me!" says Daniel. And he lifts you up and kisses you. " I am so happy that in a while I can call you my wife!" he says. 

𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 💕