2

Josephine's pov
I snap out of my thoughts hearing the door open. It's Bucky. "Hey doll- what's wrong?" He asks coming over. I chuckle "your best friend is a dick" wiping my tears. I hate crying in front of people. He asks "what happened?" "I told him I knew he lied to me and he tried to gaslight me, telling me I'm crazy, that he's not cheating, said that I might be just like my mother." I mutter. Trying to rid of my tears but they keep coming. He stops my hands "stop. It's okay to be upset and cry Josie. You don't have to hide your pain from me."

He pulls me to his chest and I mutter "the worst part is that I love him Buck. He keeps hurting me and I...I still stay hoping I'm enough for him to just stop. But he doesn't. She's more important to him than I'll ever be and it hurts Buck" he sighs "sometimes you have to let go of the ones you love Josie. Especially because they hurt you. Steve is stupid. He doesn't deserve you. If he can't see how amazing you are....then it's his loss and it's time to let go"

He's right but the thought of it just hurts. I cry myself to sleep with Bucky holding me and trying to cheer me up.

Steve's pov
I walk to Nats floor and she smiles "you're back" letting me in. She asks "another argument?" I nod "I don't understand why she's such a bitch Nat. We're best friends. But every fucking day it's something new with her. I brought up that maybe she could have a personality disorder like her mother and she went ballistic on me. Kicked me out. And now I'm here"

"You did lie to her Steve" she says. And I roll my eyes "wouldn't have had to if she wasn't a bitch about our friendship" she nods "so...." Coming closer and adds "it's a insecurity issue?" I nod "yeah definitely. Told her that she needs to sort her shit out and she blamed it on me! Like how is it my issue that she's insecure about a friendship" she replies "funny" I chuckle "don't even know what the fuck to do anymore Nat. We were great in the beginning"

"Now she's showing her true colors. It's what happens when people get comfortable" she tells me and I get caught in her eyes and look at her lips. Fuck. I can't deny that Nat makes me feel things but I've never cheated. Nat and I never kissed or slept together or went on a date. We're friends, we hang out. It's what we do. It's not my fault Josephine can't handle it. I stop before we kiss "we shouldn't." Though to spite the bitch that's on my floor I should.

She nods "yeah" we hang out her in my arms like we do. We're just close friends nothing more. Even though there is something there. I never acted on it. And neither has Nat. We fall asleep together her in my arms.

I wake the next morning and sigh "I should go see if she's still mad. Reconcile maybe" she nods "hopefully she's done with her temper tantrum" I chuckle "maybe"