6

Josephine's pov
It's been a few days and I keep getting sick. My period is late. Leave it to me to get pregnant by and fall in love with the guy who cheated on me. I'm not certain yet. I've been telling Bucky it's a stomach flu. I'm waiting now having had taken the test. My timer beeps. Bucky is out on his usual run now. I flip the test...positive...all of them. A tear falls and I wipe it. I touch my stomach. A baby. I'm having a baby. I've always wanted to be a mother. Always.

I always said I'd be the mother mine wasn't to me. Guess I'll be a mother and father now. It's okay. My little bean doesn't need Steve. The two of us are going to be just fine on our own. Me and my little guy or girl. First I need to leave. I can't stay here anymore. Seeing Steve and Nat all over each other hurts more every day. And now I'm pregnant. He doesn't deserve my child. He left me. Cheated. And honestly? Steve always said he never wanted children anyway. I get up and pack some things and write Bucky a note thanking him for everything and that I'm sorry and that I needed to leave. That he'll see me again one day. I head to the lab where my father is.

"Hey kiddo- why do you have bags?" He asks. I sigh "I came to say goodbye...you deserve me to do so" "goodbye? What are you talking about Josie? You can't leave. This is your home. This is your family" he replies begging. I tell my dad "I can't stay here anymore dad! I can't. Not only does it hurt too much but..." he asks "but what? They can leave. I wanted them out when I found out but I figured it'd be easier with missions. Josie you're an avenger you can't just leave" "dad I'm resigning it's it's better that I do anyway" I reply.

"Josephine you're running and I didn't raise you to do so. I raised you to raise those fists of yours and stand your ground" he tells me. I tell him "I'm tired of fighting dad and now it's not good for me okay? Especially now that..." I pause again the words not yet ever coming out of my mouth. I'm truly pregnant. I'm having a baby. I wipe the tears that fall and he begs "Josie talk to me" I say the words "dad I'm pregnant. Okay? I just found out and I'm terrified. And Steve's told me he doesn't want kids. And I don't want him around my child or me with what's happened. He's not reliable, and he's proven that multiple times. I need to leave for the better of my baby dad." He smiles "I'm going to be a grandfather?" I nod "yes dad...you are" he smiles and hugs me and mutters "I'm so sorry that Steve is the way he is. That baby deserves a better father" I nod and he kisses my head and hands me the house keys. "It's got enough room for a kid. It's furnished you'll just need to set up the kids room don't be shy in calling for help. I'll keep Steve away if he wants to look for you for some reason. I'll be visiting a lot so count on me doing so" I smile knowing it's the house I loved going to in the summers when I was younger. He kisses my head and hands me car keys "go before you're seen" and I nod and head out driving away from my home I turn looking out the window seeing my dad fly beside me in his iron man suit. He puts his hand on the window and I do the same. He connects to my radio "I love you kid" I smile "love you too dad" It's a half hour drive and I pull into the driveway

 He connects to my radio "I love you kid" I smile "love you too dad" It's a half hour drive and I pull into the driveway

I grab my bags and make myself at home in my new home. Alone...well not. Really.

Buckys pov
I've been panicking looking for Josie. Her stuff is gone. I read her note. Where could she have gone? Why? She was fine before I left? She didn't throw up this morning either. I head to the lab and tell Tony "she's gone...Josie is gone" "yeah" he says. He knew. I ask "where is she tony? Why did she leave?" He hands me a slip of paper and says "I can tell you love her Bucky." "I-" I start and he stops me "I've always known. I'm telling you where she is because she's going to need love and someone who loves her now more than ever. Pack your things and go Bucky. She's going to need you...hurt her and I'll succeed in killing you this time" I nod "you have my word I won't" I wonder what made her run off and why Tony just said what he did. He says "here's the keys to the bike, the repairs are done. Go" I nod and pick necessities and get on my bike and put in the address. Why is she in a cabin in the woods pretty much?