11

Steve's pov
I wake to my bed empty. Natasha and I are in a rough place. We have been since Josephine. It's freeing to not have to hide anymore. A part of me feels guilty though. I've had time to reflect. She didn't deserve it. I don't know how I fell out of love with her but I did....atleast I think I did. I can still smell her around my floor and she hasn't been here for months.

Bucky is gone too. I feel jealousy at the thought and shake my head. I get dressed and head to the main floor and ask "what's this?" "This is a recording that's circling of a new song from Josephine" tony says and plays it.

"I wore makeup when we dated
'Cause I thought you'd like me more
If I looked like the other prom queens
I know that you loved before
Tried so hard to be everything that you liked
Just for you to say you're not the compliment type
And I knew how you took your coffee
And your favorite songs by heart
I read all of your self-help books
So you'd think that I was smart
Stupid, emotional, obsessive little me
I knew from the start this is exactly how you'd leave
You found someone more exciting
The next second, you were gone
And you left me there cryin', wonderin' what I did wrong
And you always say I'm never satisfied
But I don't think that's true
'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you
And all I ever wanted was to be enough for you
And maybe I'm just not as interesting
As the girls you had before
But God, you couldn't have cared less
About someone who loved you more
I'd say you broke my heart
But you broke much more than that
Now I don't want your sympathy
I just want myself back
Before you found someone more exciting
The next second, you were gone
And you left me there cryin', wonderin' what I did wrong
And you always say I'm never satisfied
But I don't think that's true
'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough
Don't you think I loved you too much to be used and discarded?
Don't you think I loved you too much to think I deserve nothing?
But don't tell me you're sorry, boy
Feel sorry for yourself
'Cause someday I'll be everything to somebody else
And they'll think that I am so exciting
And you'll be the one who's crying
Yeah, you always say I'm never satisfied
But I don't think that's true
You say I'm never satisfied
But that's not me, it's you
'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough
But I don't think anything could ever be enough
For you, enough for you, oh-oh
No, nothing's enough for you"

It's been 5 almost 6 months now. Tony's pissy. The group isn't the same anymore. It hurts to hear her pain. More than it did when she was here. I sigh "hope that was fun for you" to tony who's been a child about it. He rolls his eyes "you're lucky I don't throw your ass out Rogers" I head to the lab and pause seeing Natasha kiss Bruce. Now I know how she feels. This pain. I head back to my floor and crack open a beer. Soon she comes back "have fun fucking Bruce?" I ask.

"Steve you weren't supposed to find out like this" she sighs. I snap "Natasha I gave up everything to be with you! And you cheated on me with Bruce?! Josephine was fucking right! She is the only one who'd truly ever love me! Fucking hell!" She cups my face and I tear away "Steve I love you" "how is you fucking our friend proving love Nat?! You know what? We're done! Get out!" She leaves and I throw the beer "FUCK!" I snap.

I made a mistake. It's like a cloud is lifted from me as I look at a photo of Josie and I. Those feelings I thought I lost come back. I crumble and cry. I just lost the most amazing woman I'll ever find.

Josephine's pov
Bucky leads me through the house as I outstretch my arms "it's alright love, put your arms down let me guide you to the surprise" I hear a door open and he says "tada!" With a dorky smile on his face...he did the nursery for our little boy. It's...perfect.

I gasp touching my stomach And Bucky cups my face "are you two okay? What's happening?" I smile and make him feel

I gasp touching my stomach And Bucky cups my face "are you two okay? What's happening?" I smile and make him feel. "I think our little astronaut likes it" he grins feeling him kick for the first time. Anytime he goes to feel it the baby stops. He kneels and kisses my bump

 He kneels and kisses my bump

"Hey buddy...it's me your dad...things might be weird for you right now but when you're officially here everything will make sense. Try not to hassle your mom okay? I love you kid" he says softly kissing my stomach again. I grin as the baby kicks. We've been throwing around names none of them sticking much. He stands and he asks "you like it?" I nod "I love it...it's perfect" he kisses me softly and picks me up easily heading to the bed. He breaks the kiss "you two are my world Josie" I smile "so are you Bucky" everything's perfect with us...I found myself trusting him more than I've ever trusted anyone.

Unlike with Steve...Buckys my best friend along with my lover. Buckys gentle, kind, soft, but protective when needed, he's funny, and makes me feel good about myself. He kisses my lips softly "you...this what we have...it truly does mean everything to me" I peck his lips "you mean everything to me James. Really. Without you...I don't know where I'd be or what I would've done." He smiles "you'll never have to know."

I flip him below me and straddle his lap and I kiss at his neck "we don't have to sweetheart...we can always wait until after he's born" the topic of sex has come up. The doctor said it's okay as long as it's not rough or I feel any kind of discomfort. I kiss him "do you?" He chuckles "it's up to you sweetheart. It'll always be up to you" my stomach rumbles and he chuckles "cmon lil man wants food" picking me up heading back downstairs, setting me at the counter.