29. New With You (Phinabella)

Phineas liked new things.

Actually, 'liked' was something of an understatement. Moving forward, pushing boundaries, going on new adventures, he lived for all of that.

College was new. Three months ago. Now it felt barely any different from high school. But then, he'd had his friends. The only friend he had here was Isabella, and a handful of decent acquaintances who he'd gone to school with.

He should try to fix that, make more friends here.

He struggled to see how he could meet anyone who could hold a candle to his current friends though.

And he was getting off track.

Phineas pushed himself up on his elbows, he couldn't move far. The arm thrown across his chest was holding on pretty tight and he didn't want to disturb her.

Her being there was new too. Sure, Isabella had had sleepovers at his place as a kid but not in his bed. And most definitely not wearing anything but one of his t-shirts and her panties. His face burned just remembering how much skin was showing when she'd come to climb in bed with him. Which was weird, he'd seen her in a bikini before, it wasn't that different.

That he'd blushed and had to look away the first time he'd seen her wearing one of those after she'd started to, uh, mature was besides the point. At the time, he'd thought he was lucky that neither her nor Ferb had noticed, now he kind of wished that had. Maybe their timing would've been better if one of them had realized he was crushing back.

Or they could've just written him off as a normal teenage boy seeing a hot girl in a bikini. He sighed. Maybe he could build a What If machine over the summer so they could how that would've played out.

Or maybe not. If it had worked out, it could just lead to more regrets. He knew he had enough as it was.

Isabella shifted in her sleep. Her face was completely hidden by her hair. He'd never realized how bad her bed hair was before, all curly and frizzy. It was cute. She hated the frizz, he knew, but could he talk her into letting it curl? Her hair was always so straight when she finished fooling with it, he'd never seen it with curls and waves. In his mind, it looked beautiful on her.

Not that her normal hairstyle didn't look beautiful too!

She could never not look good to him. Even before he started having a thing for her, he still thought she was the cutest thing he'd never seen. Always had.

Uh, except for that very, very brief thing with Big Mitch, but she'd broken him out of that delusion real quick. So it didn't count, did it?

Actually, Phineas frowned, did he always have a thing for her? He didn't think he did, but looking back, maybe he did? In a vague, childish, not ready for anything resembling dating way.

He tried, ineffectually, to brush some of the hair out of her face. Well, it didn't matter when he'd started liking-liking her, it just mattered that they finally got their posteriors in gear and finally did something about it.