How We Come to be Here...

...or how I push my current frustration onto fictional characters that I don't claim any ownership of. Probably OOC for reason listed before.

The straggled sound of disbelief had Ferb's head popping up from his novel.

"This can't be happening." Phineas clicked, frantically, with his mouse.

After bookmarking his place, Ferb slipped off the bed and approached his brother. The image on the screen was a familiar one: the works page of an online writing site they'd found out about from Candace. And one where both of Ferb's siblings frequently posted their fanfictions. The small box that summoned which each click was new, however.

"I have not 'exceeded the max number of parts,'" Phineas muttered under his breath. 

Ferb placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling some of the tension leave him at the touch. When Phineas glanced at him, he blinked.

Phineas waved the suggestion off. "Already did, but no one's there to answer the bug ticket till Monday." Resting his elbows on the desk, he leaned forward, head in hands. "This sucks."

Staring at the screen for a moment in thought, Ferb pointed at the numerous drafts lifted above the posted section.

"Nah, I can't use those cause then the new stories would be before the index."

Ferb patted his shoulder.

"I guess I'll have to." Grabbing the mouse, Phineas moved to the story details page. "If I'm going to create a new book for my Space Adventure fics, I better mark this one complete." He clicked the button to do so.

It immediately flipped back to incomplete as the little box made itself known once more.

"Oh come on!"