Chapter 3: A God's Heavenly Descent (Part 1)

"It has been a lot more than 2 minutes, I believe, imposter," Baby Hua Cheng drawled.

Shen Yuan balefully stared at the system, which seems to have frozen at 0 minutes, 30 seconds.

With as much composure as he could muster, he politely asked the system what the f*ck was going on, only to be given the answer of:

This System apologizes. Because of the rush to perfect the time of the male lead's entrance, the system missed the plot point that the protagonist actually enters the stage late for his own grand entrance...

The F*ck??!! System!? SYSTEM?!!! SPEAK, YOU LITTLE SHIT! FACE YOUR MISTAKE!

Very calmly, little male lead stood up from where he'd been sitting leaning against the short terrace wall, then walked to the crowded edge with determination in his eyes. The system's warnings blared, giving him a massive headache as he pushed after Hua Cheng's short form.

"Why are you so eager to become a pancake on the ground?! That's such a horrible way to die!!"

"I'm horrible and ugly anyways, so it doesn't matter! And what's a pancake?"

"It's a flat food item and that's not the point! Do you have to prove a point to the people that call you ugly that you are ugly? Why don't you die beautifully and face slap them! Die like an art!" Shen Yuan's desperate stupid mouth babbled for time.

"You've got quite a dark mind, why don't you join me? And even dying beautifully won't change the fact that I am ugly,'' Hong Hong'er had already reached the edge as he said this.

Below them, the scene was already pretty chaotic. The ghost had come, but where was the Crown Prince to defeat him? Under the cacophony of questions and shouts of displeasure, a certain transmigrator was also panicking, already accepting the immense punishment and death he'll experience. But then..

"Oh Heavens! Look at the sky! A God!" "What is this? Who's that? Is that.. Is that the Crown Prince?!"

And well, that was cue enough for the twins to look up too. And there... dressed in a beautiful white robe that flared like wings behind him, giving him the image of having angelic wings on his back, was the protagonist in all his immortal glory.

And didn't he make for such a mesmerising sight indeed? While reading this scene play out in the novel, Shen Yuan could admit to have felt admiration and awe for how well the author presented it, but actually watching it? Even the brief glimpse in the donghua didn't do justice to this beautiful scene. Really, it deserved being called one of the four famous tales, The Crown Prince Who Pleased the Gods, remembered and talked about even after 800 years, even when the main character of the tale was hated or simply forgotten.

As Xie Lian (The protagonist! He finally saw the protagonist?!!!) slowly landed on the ground, his robes spreading around him like a gracefully blooming flower, silence encompassed all of the audience. The silence, though, only lasted a minute before roars and screams of excitement and appreciation begun. Then the fight too, officially began.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Shen Yuan could see the kid male lead leaning further to watch the fight, jaw dropped in amazement and awe, and couldn't stop chuckling and lightly teasing, his eyes still fixed on the white clothed figure, "Who, pray tell, was saying that he didn't care about the Crown Prince? Doesn't he look like a divine angel now, hmm?"
Hong Hong'er merely pushed at him petulantly and didn't bother replying, eyes still intently watching the stage. Shen Yuan also focused back on the fight.