Chapter 5: Choices Made...(Part 1)

Shen Yuan really had not thought that they will meet so soon. But it made sense too, as today was another important day for the two main characters. But why was he drawn into the mix was a mystery he will never know.

Shen Yuan had woken up with the sounds of bullets still echoing in his head as well as the taste of ash in his mouth, so he had obviously not woken up with a good mood and really was not ready for any type of nonsense. The growls of his stomach had not helped.

The body being young as it was, really needed some nutrition to survive, and even if it was easier to scavenge the dumpsters behind tea houses for food, for good food he would have to rob someone. That was okay, he could steal food without being caught, he knew his abilities.

There was a very different kind of satisfaction in seeing the looks on the faces of the young noble kids when their recently bought tanghulu was stolen without them even noticing. Shen Yuan couldn't stop his scoff. This made his mood so much better! (Was he a hypocrite for his disgust when he was a noble kid himself? Even if he didn't live nobly?)

As he munched on his tanghulu stick, happily licking the syrup on his lips, he heard some noises from a dark alley. This was always bad news. He was not those stupid canon fodder teenage girls in horror movies who just had to investigate every dark nook or creepy crany just because of some small noises, No.

So Shen Yuan swiftly turned back around and was just going to take a step away from the ominous sounds when he heard something else. It was a beastly, but childish roar of a very angry and very scared child, "DON'T TOUCH ME! "

Immediately Shen Yuan's mind went down the horrifying path and ignoring the system's warnings, he took that step back and turned back, peering into the alley.

An ostentatiously dressed man in green was excitedly staring at the group of men as they beat up a struggling kid. They had crowded around the small child, raining punches down on his small form without holding back at all.

"Yes just like that! Teach that little shit a good lesson, daring to ruin yesterday's festival! Don't hold back at all and beat that bastard hard. But make sure not to kill him! "

Shen Yuan stared in disbelief at the scene. What exactly had that waif of a kid done to get this type of attention ah? And grouping up like that to beat him up, these cowardly mongrels sure had a thick face! And to do it in the prosperous streets of Xianle! But then Shen Yuan thought the grouping up made sense, because the kid, from what he could see of him, was kicking, biting, scratching and screaming so hard that many of the men already had bleeding scratches on their arms and faces. That didn't make it right though!

Then the obnoxious man in green shouted, "ARGH! YOU USELESS WASTES CAN'T HANDLE A SINGLE KID! PUT HIM IN THAT SACK AND TIE HIM TO LAOZI'S CARRIAGE ALREADY!!!"
That is when Shen Yuan remembered where he had heard those desperate childish screams. That was.. that was..

That was the male lead ahh!

Shen Yuan was going to turn around and flee (no he was going to run towards the palace in hopes of finding the protagonist on his way to Mu Qing's home) when a desperate obsidian eye met his own. Shen Yuan melted.

HOST NO.

==》Shut up! The male lead has already seen me! Running means I left him to die, then he'll kill me the next time we unfortunately meet!