Chapter 10: Birthday Special!!

Hong Hong'er hadn't even realized he fell asleep in the brothel until he woke up the next morning more refreshed than he ever remembered being. His back didn't hurt from any cold, dirty alley ground he may have slept on that wasn't the home of street dogs or bandits, he was warm, and he didn't even smell the dumbster smell he carried with himself after a night of being thrown into the garbage by his father and new mother before he dragged himself to his little hidey-hole that was the previously mentioned cold and dirty alley ground and-

He was rambling, he realized groggily. Could someone ramble inside their heads? To themselves no less?

His brain was always too active first thing in the morning, and the irritatingly bright rays of the sun falling on his face so didn't help in calming him down. The only action that quietened his brain during its morning overactive behavior was going to Dianxia's temple with a freshly plucked white dewy flower under the soft light of the morning sun that just rose-

Wait...

The sun was too bright..

Sitting up with a snap, Hong Hong'er almost combusted when he found himself held in a tangle of soft, womanly limbs wrapped protectively around him. Half-asleep groans of irritation rang around the dim room and the hold on him tightened as the woman he identified as Chen Xiaoru ("Call me Ru-jiejie baby boy!") grumbled, "my sweet child I love you, but if you move another inch I'm gonna beat your ass to heaven.."

I won't mind... Hong Hong'er definitely didn't think that was a good method to reach Dianxia, definitely not, you heard wrong!

But this morning certainly was a mess, waking up in a soft bed with the refreshing scent of incense and light perfume around him, actually warm after a long time of being one with the cold, covered in the protective limbs of beautiful women that just confessed their love to you, even if it was followed by a threat right after..

For any other boy, this will be a heavenly dream come true but for Hong Hong'er this was anything but that.

Why?

Because he was f*cking late in his morning prayer! That man-child Lu didn't wake him up!

"I.. really need to go..." Hong Hong'er murmured carefully, not wishing to gain the ire of dangerous women. Usually he wouldn't give a shit if he made someone angry, but these women were scarily resourceful, proven by what happened yesterday with that person he didn't care enough to find the name of.

"Why?" Yun-jiejie grumbled from his other side, her pretty face scrunched up in a sleepy pout. Immediately after though, who knows how, she managed to smirk wickedly even with her eyes closed as she said, "Xiao Hong wants to follow Xiao Lu that badly?''

Sputtering (which he hated, stumbling over his words like that, but these ladies really knew how to tease him into a tomato red) he said, "I-it isn't like that..I-I really need to go.. have to pray to dianxia..."

"That important?" He definitely didn't expect to find Yinhua-jiejie, the person who apparently held the brothel up together with the madam and woke at the crack of dawn like Shen Yuan had grumbled to him she did (Hong Hong'er didn't need to know that she was the one who woke Lu up in the morning, but Hong Hong'er may or may not have come upon a certain conversation where Lu asked to not be woken up by her the next day.. which.. wait), to actually be somewhere in the pile too. But that was definitely her voice he heard from under Yun-jiejie.

"Sleep in Xiao Hong.. this is rest day for all," and apparently the madam was in the pile as well..

"Who said it is,'' Hong Hong'er quipped back.