New Look, Still Me

AN: Ladies and Gentlemen this is the author speaking, please put your reading glasses on as we return to our regularly scheduled program. Also dedicated to Cheruyuu. You will see why.

________________________________________

40,000 Feet in the Air, 250 miles from the Kanto Coast...

Chloe sat in her seat twiddling her fingers impatiently. She looked out the window, and all she can see is the ocean and clouds, plus maybe the occasional boat. She took a long deep breath, in and out. Chloe's been going to college abroad for the past two years. While it has been an amazing experience, it left her with a feeling of homesickness. She misses her home, her family, all her friends, and... Goh. Yes, she misses Goh but she'd probably never say it to his face. So when she finally went on vacation, the first thing she did was book a flight back to Vermillion City. Chloe stayed awake for the entire flight, various thoughts keeping her from getting some shut eye. She glanced over to Eevee, who is sleeping peacefully on the meal tray. Chloe reached over and scratched Eevee on the head and glanced at her own reflection in the window. She changed her outfit, and instead of wearing her college uniform, she decided to wear a pink, flower patterned dress with yellow sleeves. Her friend picked it out for her. It looked nice. Chloe's hair is now shorter, and she now has changed her ponytail to pigtails, and also has two small braids hanging in front of her ears. She's gotten slightly taller, and grown in other places too. Suddenly, a little jingle snapped her out of her thoughts, as well as waking up Eevee.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. The flight from Jubilife City, Sinnoh to Vermillion City in Kanto will be landing in about 20 minutes. Please fold your meal trays and return your seats to the upright position, and make sure your seatbelts are properly secured. We hope you all have enjoyed your flight, and we wish you a pleasant trip. Thank you." *clack*

Chloe sighed and lifted Eevee off the tray and placing her on her lap. 

"Vui?" 

"We're going to land soon, just sit on my lap ok?" Chloe said gently as she folded the meal tray. Eevee nods and curls up on her trainer's lap before going back to sleep. Chloe looks out the window again, and this time she can make out a thin wisp in the horizon. Kanto. She smiles in anticipation and leans back in her seat as the plane flies ever closer to Vermillion City.

Vermillion City International Airport, Kanto

A 20 year old Goh sits at a bench inside the airport, nervously nibbling on a sandwich. It's been 2 years since he last saw Chloe in person. Two years without his childhood best friend to hang out with, to talk to, or even just get berated by. Now that she's coming back, well, Goh certainly has a lot of feelings bubbling up. None of them bad, just unnatural to him. Ash has been long gone by that point, probably having another adventure somewhere in the world, maybe with a new set of friends. A girl, maybe. That guy's ability to attract girls like moths to a flame is certainly uncanny. Of course trying to discuss those feelings with Ash end up leaving Goh more confused. All he said was "Hahaha, oh don't worry. I had feelings like this for a while. Don't worry, its a good thing. That just means she's extra special to you!"

Goh took another bite of his sandwich and went back to scanning through his phone. He turned on the camera to look at himself. He certainly changed all right. Over the past few years, Goh has gotten a bit taller, and a bit more well built. He now wears a red and black track jacket, with his Project Mew badge pinned to it. He also wears a pair of jeans with a pair of chains on them. He bought them back in his "edgy" phase, but they end up looking good with his outfit, so Goh ultimately kept them. Though most notably, he now has longer hair, reaching to the bottom of his neck as well as protruding in front of his ears, and the ends are dyed red. Certainly a radical change. Suddenly, Goh is snapped out of his thoughts as a notification appears on the top of his phone.