Legend's Oblivion

AN: *static*

__________________________________________

Garia Region, over 2000 years ago...

Two women, both in about their early 20s, walked down a faint dirt path down a dense forest. The canopy blocked most of the sunlight, but occasional beams shown through, allowing for healthy floor vegetation.  Wild Pokemon can occasionally be spotted, either flying overhead or darting through the bushes, though it is hard to identify any of them as they passed by too quickly.

"Arceus, Garia is so much hotter than Hisui!" the blonde haired woman complained. Despite her light clothing, she has visibly sweating and trying to fan herself to cool off. "How are you even able to move in those clothes, Akari?"

The blue haired woman, Akari, giggled and replied "I'm actually quite comfortable. You'll get use to it, Irida. That's what happens when you live in the tundra your whole life, you can't tolerate anything above freezing!"

"Yeah yeah, I heard that a million times from you already." Irida replied. "Why did we come all the way out here again?"

"Come on, aren't you excited?" Akari exclaimed, doing a little twirl "We're the first people to leave Hisui and see the rest of the world! According to old man Laventon, Garia is huge compared to Hisui! It can take us years to explore the entire region. Can you imagine all the new Pokemon we can find?"

Irida smiled and shook her head. Akari's always been so energetic. In fact, that energy might even be contagious, or else Irida would've stayed in Hisui. "Alright, alright, point taken. But, aren't you worried a bit? You can afford to be careful, you know. After all, you have a family waiting for you back home."

Akari waved her friend's concern off. "Oh no need to worry! Rei's a strong and reliable man. If there's anyone that can keep the kids safe, it's him!"

"No it's not!- It's not about whether or not Rei can take care of the family or anything, its about you. What if you get injured or killed? How do you think he, and Arceus forbid the kids, would think if you never came back?"

Akari stops for a moment to think, her smile fading. Though seconds later, it came back like nothing ever happened. "Yeah, you're right. I'll try to be careful. But still, Irida, you worry too much! Can't you at least try to have some fun out here?"

Irida exhaled and brushed back her hair. "Alright, I'll try. Think of this as a vacation, Irida, you're gonna have fun, you're gonna learn new things, and you're going to have fond memories of this."

Akari patted Irida on the back, "That's the spirit, girl! Now keep your eyes peeled! We're here for some work as well, since Laventon wants us to collect some info on unknown Pokemon."

"Hmm..." Irida looked around, scanning the area. The dense vegetation isn't exactly helping though. Suddenly, her eyes caught something flying slowly around the trees. "Hey that looks like..." 

Suddenly, the object flew past Irida, causing her to turn around, but she lost sight of it. Irida looked in various directions, muttering "I swear I saw something. Where are you..." Irida's gaze comes to a stop, right on top of Akari's head.

"Um... is something wrong, Irida?" Akari asked, perplexed.

"There... there's a Pokemon on your head."

The Pokemon in question was a beautiful butterfly, with pink, patterned wings and a small grey body and large eyes.

Akari gently picked it up and set it down in front of her. "Oh, so pretty! I never seen it before! Must be a native."