Trip to the Pokepark

AN: Sorry for the radio silence, writer's block is a bitch and I got real life to deal with. :P Anyways, here's a little something I did. :)

______________________________________

Vermillion City, Kanto Region, Cerise Laboratory

"Ash! Goh! Can you come to my office for a second?" Professor Cerise called out.

"Coming Director!" The two boys in question rushed into the professor's office, wondering what news or job to expect this early in the morning. The two found Professor Cerise with his back turned to the door, seemingly fumbling with some papers.

"Can we help you Professor?" Ash inquired.

Professor Cerise spun around and said "Well this just came into the mail today," as he took out an envelope and opened it up. "And it's an advert for a PokePark that opened up in the region!"

"So it's not a research mission?" Goh asked, almost sounding disappointed he couldn't go out today.

"That's not everything boys. It happens there's two free tickets in this ad, meaning we have two free entries into the park!" Cerise added, bringing out two index card-sized slips of paper.

"So what you are saying is that you wanted to go see the park with your family, meaning you called us here so we help hold the fort while you guys are out?" Ash guessed. "I don't mind doing that!"

The professor sheepishly grinned and rubbed the back of his head. "That's awfully generous of you, Ash, but you see... there's a professor's meeting I have to attend this afternoon so I can't go. So what I'm trying to say is: would you boys like to go see the park?"

Goh's face brightened up. "I would love to! Thanks director!" he nodded and eagerly took the tickets and showed them to Ash. "Want to go with me Ash? Imagine all the Pokemon we'd meet there! It'd be so much fun! Look, camping's even available there, you love camping!" Goh said, grinning like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Ash sweat dropped as he tried to calm his friend down. "Woah woah, calm down there! I mean that does look fun and all but..." Ash paused for a second, clearly thinking of something. "Oh wait, I almost forgot!" He said as he reached into his pocket and fished out his Rotom phone, logged in, and tapped its screen a few times and put it to his ear. "Hello? Hey Brock! So about that bowling trip with Misty you've been talking about, when is it? Oh this afternoon? Well I'll make preparations then! See you guys soon!" Ash then "hung up" and said to Goh in a sorry tone "Oh sorry man, I can't come."

Goh and Professor Cerise sweat dropped, sharing an "he can't be serious" look. Goh said "Ash, even a little kid can see right through that. Just say you don't want to come alright? No hard feelings."

Ash put up his hands defensively, nervously chuckling "Whaaat? Of course I want to go! It's just that I uh... want to see my mom! Yeah! I mean I haven't visited my mother in a while, and what kind of son doesn't pay his family a visit every now and-"

"We literally went to your place for dinner YESTERDAY, Ash." Goh interrupted. "Look just tell me the truth, I promise I won't be mad."

"Okay fine!" Ash relented. "I arranged a um... meeting with someone today and she- they would be pretty unhappy if I missed out on it okay?"

"Oh, who is it?"

"It's someone we've met before actually! Their name's- Wait a minute! That's none ya business! Look, I got a uhhh, important meeting today and I can't miss it! That's all ya needed to know!" Ash said, and promptly left for the B wing of the lab, in something of a rush.