Let Me Protect You {Ron Weasley}

(A/N): Hello! Once again, this was requested by @JulzLovDraco4Eva so hopefully It's good!

Pairing: Ron Weasley x Hufflepuff!Female Reader

Summary: (Y/N) Scamander, Harry, and Hermione help Sirius and Buckbeak escape. When they go back to the Hospital Wing, she and Ron have a small argument that leads to her accidentally confessing her feelings to him.

●○●

(Y/N) caresses Buckbeak's feathers with the largest smile on her face. It has been a while since her last encounter with the Hippogriff and, while she would've loved for it to be on a better occasion, she's happy to see him doing well. It used to be hard to block out the memory of his death sentence earlier but now it just feels like a faded nightmare. He's alive right before her very eyes. "You'll be good, right?" (Y/N) whispers as she lovingly scratches his sides.

The creature makes a content sound and she laughs lightly. "I see you've got your grandfather's natural talent." A voice comments from behind.

(Y/N) turns to Sirius with a nod. "Well, granddad always made sure that my brother and I saw the beauty of all magical creatures. And It's hard not to when you basically grew up surrounded by them."

"That sounds like Newt Scamander alright," Sirius says. "I'm sure he'd be proud of you."

(Y/N) grins at his words. She likes to think that as well.

She takes in Sirius' appearance as he stands in front of her. He looks exhausted and drained from life but he somehow manages to maintain a powerful twinkle in his eyes. After all, he finally got to meet his godson and now he's free from Azkaban. And Buckbeak is free too; (Y/N) is sure that both of them will be in good hands. She only wishes that a certain ginger boy was there with them to bid both of them goodbye.

Unfortunately, Ron was in no condition to go back in time with (Y/N), Harry, and Hermione because of his injured leg, which is still worrying her. It's nothing new, really, she has been constantly worrying over him since their first year at Hogwarts. It has gotten to the point where Ron feels like most of the time he's being scolded by his mother and, while he secretly does appreciate (Y/N)'s concern, he simply does not understand why she feels the need to be so overprotective all the time.

After Harry and Sirius say their goodbyes, Sirius climbs on top of Buckbeak and takes one last look at all three teenagers. "I'll be forever grateful for this. To all of you."

"We'll see each other again, right?" Harry asks with a hopeful tone.

Sirius smiles softly. "I would love nothing more than that. One day, perhaps. But not like this."

And then he flies away as they wave at him.

Hermione gives Harry a few moments to take it all in before she says, "We should head back now."

Harry and (Y/N) nod in agreement as the three of them run off to make their way back to the Hospital Wing.

***

When they make it to the front doors, Dumbledore is coming out of the room at the same time they arrive. He looks down at them. "Well?"

"He's free," Harry answers. "We did it."

"Did what?" Dumbledore says. Before they can respond, he gives them a knowing look while he walks away. "Goodnight!"

Once he's out of sight, the three of them smile at each other before opening the doors to find Ron lying on the same spot they had left him. (Y/N) sighs in relief at the sight. "How'd you three get over there?" He questions, his eyes wide in panic. "I was just talking to you... over there."