Kiss The Boy {Regulus Black}

(A/N): Originally requested on Tumblr. First time writing for a Masc!Reader so I hope y'all like it!

Pairing: Regulus Black x Masc!Reader

Summary: (Y/N) has a crush on longtime friend Regulus but he doesn't believe Sirius when he tells him that his brother likes him back. In order to confirm this, James comes up with a devious plan to make Regulus jealous...

●○●

"You're doing it again."

The familiar voice brings you back to reality and out of your trance, and you blink a few times to clear your vision. Sirius quirks an eyebrow at you with a knowing look, chewing on his food slowly. "Doing what?" You ask, genuinely confused.

He lazily waves the fork in his hand to point it at the Slytherin table. "You're staring."

An instant blush reaches your cheeks; there's no use in denying what your friend already knows. "Sorry."

Right after you say that, your eyes automatically find the same dark haired boy that sits next to his classmates, for what seems to be the hundredth time today. You hear Sirius groan but you do not bother looking back at him this time. You've already been caught, might as well make the best of it. "Are you seeing this?" Sirius taps Remus' shoulder but Peter is the one to look up with alert eyes. "He doesn't even care anymore!"

Remus resumes eating while shrugging carelessly, only looking up for a second to shake his head at you as if to tell you not to mind Sirius. "Leave him alone, Sirius. Some people just love admiring other people's beauty," James says next to you. His elbow is pressed against the table, propping up his chin but he is not looking at any of you. "That's why I stare at Lily Evans aaallll the time."

Lily, who heard what the boy had said -clearly, he meant for her to do so- is sitting three chairs away from all of you. She rolls her eyes at him and continues the conversation with her friends.

"I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that you're into boys," Sirius ponders while staring intensely at you. "If you were into boys then you would've been drooling all over me, not my brother."

You chuckle. "Is that what this is all about? You're jealous of Regulus?"

"Oh, please," Sirius snorts then points to himself. "Have you seen this face? Nothing to be jealous about if you have this face, let me tell you."

You roll your eyes unimpressed by his cockiness. It's probably one of the reasons why you fell for Regulus and not him but you don't say that out loud. Instead, you avert your gaze to find the younger lad for the third time in a row. Much to your horror, Regulus happens to look at you at the same time.

You could just play it cool and smile casually at him but, instead, you freak out and look away as quickly as possible. Serves you right for not being discreet.

"He was looking, wasn't he?" Sirius smirks knowingly. Slowly, you nod, and he goes for another bite of his pork chop. "It's because he likes you, too."

You huff. "He does not."

"You don't believe me?"

"Sirius, last year you tried to convince me that Snape was part of an emo band. And I almost fell for it," You point out in an annoyed tone. James and Sirius look at each other and snigger shamelessly. "Why should I believe you now?"

After their laughter dies down, Sirius wipes a tear away as he turns back to you. "Okay, here's the deal... Slughorn's little party is tomorrow, right? Why don't you ask him to go with you and find out?"