hello ~~ please read

An Intro To Korean Surnames,

I am a curious person who enjoys kdramas and kpop. In doing so, I've been aware of the commonness of the surnames Kim, Park, Lee, Jeon and Choi as well as the more unique names as of late. In the past few weeks, I became more and more intrigued by Korean surnames, and figured I'd make a list for all of the writers who struggle thinking of names for their characters as well as people learning Hangul.

So, a run down.

I mostly followed the English alphabet. So the chapters are organized from A to Z rather than following the order of the Korean alphabet. In doing so, I also did the individual names in alphabetical order as well. So in each chapter it goes like this:

J/ㅈ:
Jang
Jeon
Ji
Jin
Jung

Whatever letter in the romanized version that is further up in the alphabet goes first. I hope that makes sense!

Now! For credit!!

I heavily referenced this post by Ichatdelune on Reddit. I knew many of the names before, besides all but one of the two syllable names. I cross referenced my list with theirs while I made this, as well as using what they had written for Hangul. This user has posted many helpful posts about Korean names and their naming system. I highly recommend checking it out if you're interested.

Here's the link to the post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/namenerds/comments/91805i/every_korean_surname_listed_kind_of/

Since I did heavily reference their post when forming my list, it is thusly very similar. If they don't want me using their content on here then I will take it down or adjust it to their liking. I couldn't find anything on their account saying they want the information they provided to not be used elsewhere, but if I'm wrong I will gladly correct my mistake!

Thank you! That's all, enjoy learning more korean surnames! And again, check out the Reddit user Ichatdelune if you want to learn more!