Page 9

"You know this explains why my pants seem tighter." I tell him as we drive toward my parents place. I was already rehearsing the tirade I'd give them. "Twelve weeks. You knocked me up when we were celebrating your win in court." He laughs.

"Aw we'll have a living reminder of my win." I laugh with him.

"Alright when we get there just let me have my say." He nods. Going in I call them both into the living room and have them sit.

"I'm moving in with Zach." I tell them.

"Excuse us. What makes you think we'll allow that?" Mom asks.

"I think that I'm going to trust the father of my baby a lot more than the two people that never told me that I could even have a baby. How could you not tell me I had girl parts. You know I could get pregnant, you asked the doctor about it. If I'd known I'd have taken precautions. This isn't a simple omission this is major omission here. This is something fundamental to who I am. This changes everything I thought I knew about myself. Do you know what the world in general is going to think of me. The way that I'll be thought of. I'll be a side show. Not to mention my daughter. How is she going to deal with being my daughter when she's old enough to understand. Not having a mother but two fathers. Sure guys adopt all the time but that's telling a kid, your parents just couldn't care for you so we got to love you instead. This is telling them that your dads a freak."

"Angel come on you aren't a freak." Zach says interrupting me. "It's perfectly understandable and explainable. The world and our daughter will understand. But I think you need to accept it first." I glare at him.

"Accept it? Oh I've accepted it and know what it makes me. Give me a break I'm dealing with the revelation of a lifetime. I get to rant a little." He nods and I turn back to my parents who stand.

"Your pregnant?" Dad asks.

"Yes. You should have told me about me being different."Neither said anything then mom sighed.

"You are right we should have but, honestly we didn't know what to say."

"Yeah I can understand that." I tell her.

"So your pregnant?" She asks. I see her wanting to gush. I pull out a picture and hand it to her. She grabs my dad and shakes him.

"Look he's having a baby." She looks at me. "You said a girl?" I nod. She bounces over and hugs me tight.

"I'm getting a granddaughter. This is awesome." I watch her turn to Zach and smile but she wags her finger at him. "Getting my son pregnant, naughty boy. I told you no sex." He laughs. It's hard to take her serious when she's grinning.

"I have to call Marge." Marge was Zachs mom. She runs off and dad shakes his head.

"If you really want to move in with him. It's alright. No reason closing the barn door after the horse got out. This is going to be complicated but we'll deal with that as we need to. I'm sure you two want to talk about this. You are welcome to stay here or run away to his place."

"I think I'll run away. Tell mom she can keep that picture I have more." He nods. Zach doesn't take me to his place but takes me to the mall.

"Why are we here?"

"I want to look at baby things. Come on it'll be fun." I wasn't so sure about that but I'd go along with it. He takes me around the mall and I can see just how excited he is about having a daughter. Me I was trying not the think of how much this was going to be stressful and annoy me. Yes I could admit that when I think about it, I am getting a chance that so many couples like Zach and I wouldn't get. A baby that was born. You know that was kind of cool. The carrying her and having her wasn't so bad when I really thought about what it meant for us. I knew I'd be all over the place with liking and not liking this but for the moment I could see how great this would be and suddenly I was having fun.