Chapter Twenty-two

Quentin, Billie discovered, was a highly creative individual. In fact, they spent most of the weekend discovering just how creative they both could be. It started to become a rivalry between them, both competing to see who was more creative, and Billie refused to be outdone.

The tabloids were having a field day. They caught photos of them coming and going from the apartment. They splattered pictures all over social media of them having coffee, sharing ice cream, and sparring together at Johnny G's gym.

As Billie flipped through the latest posts, she laughed and showed him how many views it got. She pointed out, however, that the 'them making out on the bus' video still topped them all.

Quentin flopped on the couch next to her and handed her a bottle of water since they had just come in from a run. "It makes sense, that kid got a front-row seat."

"I like that it's raw," Billie commented, watching them kissing again. "I can't stand the montages they put together of us hanging out. It looks like a bad preview of some new rom-com."

Quentin nearly spit out his water but thankfully swallowed beforehand. "You're right," he managed after clearing his throat. "They do come off rather cheesy. You think we should step up our game?"

Billie pulled her feet up under her and shifted on the couch to look at him. "What did you have in mind?" she asked leaning her head on her elbow and a sexy smile graced her lips.

Quentin put his water down. "Let's see, we've done cute. Half of New York is loving us as a couple already. I think we can win the other half over by being more you know..."

"Sexy, seductive, steamy," Billie supplied.

"Good adjectives. Yes, something like that," Quentin agreed.

"But we need for it to be convincing," Billie said moving closer, "you know what a bad liar I am."

"The worst," Quentin smirked as he slid closer to her. "You're right maybe you're not up to this challenge?"

"But with a master of deception such as yourself to guide me, I'm sure I could pull off... I don't know, something like this?"

Billie got to her knees, cupped his face with her hands, and pulled him towards her for a kiss. She felt him smile but Quentin did not give in as she teased at his lower lip.

She sat back and frowned. Billie's eyes squinted as she took him in assessing, she tried again. Feather-light her lips glided against his. Still, Quentin did not respond. Why was he holding back? Was he trying to teach her a lesson? Was he trying to show her he wasn't as affected by her as she's come to believe?

Confused she sat back again. "Don't you want to kiss me?"

"I do," Quentin confessed, "badly, but I've never pretended with you and I'm not about to start now. What makes your lips against mine feel so delectable is the taste of passion you place upon them. The need I feel, as you press for entrance into my mouth. How your breath warms my soul. Anyone can kiss, Billie, but when we kiss all I can think of is you. The world melts from view and there is only you and me, in a moment of bliss. That's not something you can fake."

Quentin's stare was intense, his words alone conjured up images of how he kissed her time and time again. How his kisses caused her heart to flutter and her body to ache with need. How every cell in her body would come alive and zing. Tingling with anticipation and desire. A need for him that only he could fulfill.

Billie was now more determined than ever to make him feel as she felt. Quentin's eyes widened at first with surprise but then flashed with a deeper connection as his gaze locked on hers. Billie did not rush in, instead took a moment to devour him just with her eyes. She refused to touch him but thought of how his arms felt when he wrapped them around her body, the feel of his chest, bare beneath her fingertips, and how much she enjoyed pleasuring him.