- 2 -

I slowly walked towards thw cafeteria, I walked slowly so I wouldn't get there before them. By the time I got there I managed to spot the group of 3 sitting at a table, I smiled at them and Elle waved me over.

"So, Tara told us you have no friends" Darcy said basically as soon as I sat down. Oh. So they're doing this becuase they feel bad for me. I mean, I might as well make the most of it.

"I did not say that" Tara responded. I nodded as a way of saying 'Its fine' and 'Yeah Im lonley' at the same time.

"Havn't you been here since year 7?" Darcy asked me, I nodded before fully responding.

"My only 2 friends moved away a last year, havn't been bothered to make new ones" I shrugged with a smile as I noticed the other 3 had started eating already, So I opened my lunch box as well.

"Well, We can be you friends!" Tara beamed, my smile widened and I nodded "That would be nice"

We continued to talk for the rest of lunch while I picked at my food, I learnt that Elle used to go to Truham and was transgender. Knowing and geussing these small things was making me a bit more comfortable being around them.

"My brother goes to Truham, He's kinda a spoilt prick though. Don't really like him, He's like homophobic and shit. Don't even know if he realises half the shit he says is offensive." I started rantingsoghtly before realising and cutting myself off, But not before getting in one last comment "One of the rugby lads"

"One of my friends, Charlie, Just joined the team as a reserve" Elle told me, I remembered all the horrible things that Harry was saying about him last week, i gathered from the things he was saying that he was a year 10 and Gay, 2 things you don't really want to be if your on a rugby team with Harry Greene.

"Oh! Yeah, Harry was talking about him. I honestly feel kinda bad for him. All the shit he would go through being on the team with Harry" I said as I leaned against the palm of my hand, I noticed Elle looked slightly upset but I gave her a smile.

Just then the bell went, stopping the awkward silence thay was sure to follow my statement, I quickly stood up and walked to my next class.

The next couple of days I continued to hang out with Elle, Tara and Darcy, Tara and Darcy did confirm that they are together but I had to keep it a secret, Which shouldn't be to difficult.

But it's 3:25pm on Thurday and the bell is going in 5 minutes and I decided I'm telling my mum tonight. I dug my phone out of my pcoket and quickly sent my mum a message.

Amber:
Hey, Can I talk to you
about something when
I get home?

I'm not in trouble or
anything just somethings
been on my mind. <3

I sent the message and then waited impatiently for the bell to go, Reciving a reply within the 4 minute wait

Mum:
Of course Honey,
Im here to talk anytime

I smiled at her response as I made my way through the crowded corridor and to my locker, which was quite close to my last class. I quickly grabbed my bag and closed my locker again, continuing on my way to mrs. Raynes classroom to grab my skateboard, which I did without an issue.

I went at an average pace but toke the 20 minutes to clear my mind and remind myself that everything would be ok, No matter what I still have my friends... that feels werid to say. My friends.

I got home and unlocked the door, going to my room quickly before my mum would bombard me with questions. I put my bag and skateboard on the floor and toke off my tie and blazer, Swapping it out for a more comfortable jacket. I decided to just leave my button up but slid of my skirt and stockings, Replacing them with some sweatpants before going back down stairs and into the kitchen where my mum was waiting.