- 5 -

TW: Death

it was around 5:45pm and the sun was starting to set, so I sat on the roof of our house with sketch book, I decided to draw what I would say dysphoria feels like. The sunset over the horizon and I noticed a police car pull up infront of our house.

I quickly put down my book and started to climb down when 2 police officers got out of the car and start to walk towards our house, I climbed in the window just as a loud knock sounded through the house, I quicklly made my downstairs and when I got down I only opened the wooden door and not the wire one.

"Hello?" I asked through the door, I leaned against the wall.

"Is David Greene here?" The officcer asked. Thats my dads name.

"He's not home at the moment" I replied hesitantly.

"Do you know where he is?" The officer
asked.

"no." I said "Nobody was home when I got home"

"Can we come inside?" One of the officers asked, I was warey as I wasn't 100% sure why they were here.

"Why?" I asked, the 2 officers galnced at eachother.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and picked it up to see it was a message from mum.

Mum

Mum:
Hey, We arn't going to be home
tonight, I'm gonna send you
some money so you can order food

Sorry.

I read the message from my mum and then looked up to tell the cops.

"He won't be home tonight" I told them as I answered.

Me:
all good.
Where are you?

She answered and said they were going to a party in another town, I told the officers and they thanked me and left. Thinking about it that probably wasn't the best idea, I soon got the money in my account and ordered KFC, I also invited Sky, Elle, Tara and Darcy over and Sky and Darcey said they could, so I got them something to.

We just kinda hung out before going to sleep but we got woken up at around 4am to police sirens outside the house and loud knocking at the door. I tiredly stood up and stumbeld to the door.

"Hello?" I asked again as I opened the door to see the same 2 officers as earlier.

"Are you Amber Greene?" One of them asked, I nodded as the bright red and blue lights shined in my eyes.

"Uhh, your father was drunk driving with your mum in the car and your mum died upon inpact" He told me, I kinda blinked a couple of time, Half thinking I was dreaming still and half processing the information still.

"What?" i asked, completly flabbergasted by what I had just been told.

Darcy came up behind me as I looked at the officers with a blank stare.

"What do you- She not- huh?" I started 2 sentences but cut myself off, thoughts racing through my head. Is dad ok? Why was he driving drunk? How did that even happen?

A/N

Short chapter, Last update for the day :) might update tommorow.

Love you all <3