author's note

The journey comes to an end here, a temporary one. After the onc, as I said, I will upload an epilogue. In future if I have the will and time this will become a novel, but wrapping this one for now is my decision. I will move to other projects at present.

So let's talk about the themes and characters of this story.

Most of the works that I have, like the Kama series, Betal series and the short story Ripe have some sort of sexual tension, abuse, etc in it. I explore those darker themes of life which often we cannot talk about- the good about sex and the bad parts. I have seen many books on wattpad glorifying an abuser or toxic relationship. Even though love is blind and can still remain ignorant of toxicity, in reality we do understand that yes, this is toxic and I am deciding to continue still. We have that awareness. The spectators of my life will see what I am doing. Everything is connected as we live in a society.

I like to work with grey characters, male and female. People who have done mistakes, even if disastrous ones deserve another chance if they are willing to change. Because if they don't even feel a prick, no use of redemption. Then one must be hit with punishment to light up the conscience.

Borzou is a character who is a good example of this, and basically cognitive distortion. And cognitive distortion isn't an excuse. It's a wound or fault in ourselves that we must heal and recover from. It all starts from facing oneself without fear, questioning oneself without fear- it begins, thus, at the level of thoughts, inside the mind. Every change begins internally.

I can't say Borzou has completely changed by the end, but death is a magical thing which heals many wounds and fills crevices with gold. Death is beautiful if comes at the right time.

The animal ram is used as a symbol of masculinity, where all the kings of Aratta are called rams. Plenty of other symbolisms from mythology have been used too.

Sitara is another character. In my eyes she has done a mistake too, the same one which Borzou did. Consciously they chose adultery but I cannot completely blame them. They needed a taste of freedom. Much of Sitara's past is told through words and recalling of memories than flashbacks. She played various roles- a wife to a widow, a lover, a mother, a friend, a daughter and then a queen. We also get a glimpse, rather subtle references(if you read carefully) of her drinking addiction. As a mother she was afraid of making Yama and Borzou meet due to the latter's questionable deeds, but ultimately she did let them be together for good.

Yama is still small to know who is his real father. To gulp in everything he must become matured enough.

Vivasvat and Estella are two bright stars. Estella has a tough past too. We get two references in the book from where we get to know that she had been engaged to her brother or half-brother, who sold her to someone else for gold. Later on, she came to the palace of Andhaka as a prize of war. Vivasvat had been Sitara's brother-in-law, though the two couldn't interact much due to the former's stay at sea. Vivasvat is a true gentleman, and Estella is a fierce kitty cat 😆

Then comes Poulomi aka Mihrimah and Puramdara. They are at the back of the story, coming and going yet their presence is of great importance. Without them the story wouldn't have taken place. Same goes for Alexandria, the girl who kept alive the man in Borzou. Chandika, the Kandake and the mother of Andhaka and Sitara is another minor character who is of importance.

So this story is mainly about our antihero, his fallen star, a little wild star and a gentleman ⭐

This is the first novella(now expanded into a novel) that I successfully completed! All the earlier times I had failed, but then hey, I got up and here I am now!

Thank you to all my readers DauntlessShadowIce1, CalmGuy9, Krishna_kaanta, maishaaa_ , Divyansh16 Mintaka369 and anyone else yet to come! ❤ You all supported me and gave me courage to continue!

Here we wrap up this journey and meet you soon in some other book ❤