Chapter 3

'Sorry, just doing my job', the stone face said matter of- fact.

'Well, you don't have to do it to us', Hoggle said as I patted the stone face gently.

'Beware, for th-'

'Just, forget it', Hoggle said as we stopped next to another.

'Oh please, I haven't said it for such a long time', he said as I smiled more.

'Come on dude, it's kinda funny', I said.

'Oh, alright, but don't expect a big reaction', he told the face.

'No, no, no. Of course not. Ahem.. for the path you will take will lead to certain destruction. Thank you very much', he said as I smiled and patted him.

'You are very much welcome', I said when me and Hoggle saw a crystal ball, rolling by as it got our attention while we watched it.

'Hey, Jareth had one of those', I said as we follow it.

'Oh, no', Hoggle said as we stopped to see it fly and land into a "beggar's" cup.

'Ahh, what have we here'? He asked as Hoggle seemed nervous.

'Uh, nothing', he said as I watched.

'Nothing? Nothing? Nothing? Tra la la', he said as he removed his clothes.

Jareth was disguised as Hoggle got more nervous.

'Your majesty, what a nice surprise', he said as Jareth smirked.

'Hello, Hedgewart', he said as I see he likes to mess with Hoggle too.

'It's Hogwart', I said as Jareth glanced at me with those mischievous eyes of his. 'No, Griphook. No, Dobby. No, he's an elf. It's Griphook'.

'Hoggle', I hear Hoggle say as he gave a slight glare. I crossed my arms.

'Again, teasing, Hoggle'.

'Hoggle, can it be that you're helping this girl'? Jareth asked as he never lost his smirk.

'He-e-elp-p-ping, in what sense? He asked. I looked between them.

'In sense that you're leading her toward the castle', he said he glanced at me again.

'No, no. I was taking her back to the beginning, your majesty', Hoggle said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

'What?! Griphook, you total backstabber. I thought you helped my mother'? I asked in disbelief and looked at him kind of hurt.

'I told her I was gonna help her solve the labyrinth, a little trickery on my part, but actually-'.

'What is that plastic thing 'round your wrist'? Jareth asked as he knelt down, looking at the bracelet I gave Hoggle.

'Actually, it's weaving thread and beads', I corrected and leaned against a wall.

Hoggle tried hiding his hands behind his back, but realized it wouldn't have mattered since Jareth saw it already.

'Haiggle-'

'Hoggle', Hoggle corrected him.

'Yes...If I thought for one second that you're betraying me, I'd be forced to suspend you headfirst in the Bog of Eternal Stench', Jareth said, standing up and looked down at Hoggle.

'Oh, no your majesty! Not the Eternal Stench'! Hoggle held onto his leg, beggingly.

'Whoa, watch the crown jewels', I whispered.

'Oh yes, Hoggle', Jareth said as he moved Hoggle off him and makes his way towards me.

'And you, Y/n, how are you enjoying my labyrinth'? He asked, leaning against the wall with one arm above his head.

'To be honest, I'm not sure if you're just making this fun for me', I said as he looked a bit surprised. 'All the creatures are intriguing and interesting. The labyrinth part is actually a piece of cake', I said as I see his smirk return.

'Really? Then how about upping the stakes, hmm'? He asked and pointed to the clock and spun the time ahead by 3 hours as I crossed my arms.

'Hey, that's not fair', I said as I he looked back at me with a smirk.

'You do say that a lot. Much like your mother'. I crossed my arms over my chest and pushed past him.

'I'll tell you what-' I skill-fully revealed the crystal ball I pickpocket him of. I smirked when he looked shocked. 'You hide a crystal ball for me to find and I have to present it to you at the castle'.

He smirked and tried to grab it. I threw it behind my back and caught it with my other hand.

'But- you gotta give me those 3 hours back'.

'How about one and a half and it's a deal'. I smiled. 'How are you doing that'?

'Doing what'? I rolled the ball on my arm and tossed it in the air, catching it. 'This? I'm just excellent with my hands, like how I pickpocket you and you didn't notice'. I tossed it to him. 'Still though, the labyrinth is a piece of cake'.

'The labyrinth is a piece of cake you say. Well let's see how you deal with this slice'.

Jareth brings out another crystal ball and throws it at a wall. Which in turn calliopes and realevas a machine coming towards me and Hoggle.

'OH, NO, THE CLEANERS'! Hoggle cry out in a panic and runs away from the cleaners.

'The what'? I yell back.

'RUN'! Hoggle instruct as he runs away. I, now notice the machine is coming closer.

'Oh Shi- Hoggle'!

'Hurry'! Hoggle cries out.

I turned around and sprinted down the hall. Running behind Hoggle who trips over his feet. Halting, I reach down and helps Hoggle up.

'Come on'!

'Keep running'! Hoggle cries out as he runs.

We soon reached the end of the hall, where a lock gate deny them of the safety they wanted.

'Oh no'!

'What do we do now'?! I asked, looking around the hall to find something that could help open it. But instead, my widen eyes land on an old wall.

I quickly walk over to the wall and push against and soon it gave through as Hoggle came over to help.