Chapter 5

'What do you think, Ludo? Which should we choose out of these two silly characters'? I asked with a smile as we looked at the doors closely.

'It's very rude to stare', the door knocker said with a ring in his ears. I jumped back.

'Oh, I'm sorry. I was just wondering which door to choose', I said softly, feeling bad for staring now.

'What'? He asked as I tilted my head when the door knocker with the ring in his mouth started to talk. 'Don't talk with your mouth full'. The other door knocker said as the one with the ring in his mouth tried talking again.

'Hang on a second. I can't understand you', I said with a giggle and grabbed the ring.

I gently took the ring out of his mouth as he moved his mouth around.

'What were you saying'? The door knocker on the left asked as I handed the ring to Ludo.

'It is so good to get that thing out', the one in front of me said as I smiled.

'What were you saying'? I asked softly.

'I said, it's no good talking to him, he's as deaf as a post-' I nodded in understanding.

'Because of the ring in his ears? Right, got it'.

'Mumble, mumble, mumble, you're a wonderful conversational companion', the left door knocker said as I and Ludo watched.

'You can't talk, all you do is moan', the right one said as the left looked away. 

'No good. Can't hear you', he said as I held in a laugh. I looked at the right one with a smile.

'Do you by chance know where these doors lead'? I asked as he smiled.

'Search me... we're just the knockers', he said and started laughing.

'Figured',  I said with a smile then tried pushing on his door. I walked over and tried pushing on the other as both won't budge.

'How do I get through? It won't open'? I asked the knocker

'Knock and the door will open'.

I turned around to Ludo and the ring was in his mouth. I laughed and took it, wanting to knock.

'No, I don't want that thing back in my mouth', he said and closed his mouth as I gently pushed the ring against it.

'Please? Come on. I wanna knock', I said as he hummed in decline.

'Ha! Doesn't want his ring back in his mouth, eh? Can't say I blame him', the left door knocker said as I smiled mischievously and plugged the door knocker's nose.

He struggled a bit then opened his mouth to breathe as I quickly slipped the ring back into his mouth and knocked.

'Sorry', I said with a smile as he mumbled while the door opened.

'That's alright. I'm used to it', he said as I walked in with Ludo. We walked further into a jungle. I look to see Ludo kind of behind while looking around.

'Come on, Ludo', I said with a smile and stopped for him to catch up.

'Ludo, scared', he said as he looked a bit frightened.

'Really? For a big fellow like you. Come on, stay by my side', I said with a soft smile.

'Imagine..a big thing like you being scared. You're a big ol' teddy bear',  I said with a soft giggle as we continued to walk.

'Yeah', he said softly as I smiled softly.

'See, Ludo? There's nothing to be afraid of', I said then turned to see he's gone. 'Ludo?..Ludo'? I asked as I looked around. 'Ludo? Ludo, where are you'? I asked as I began to worry. 'Hoggle? Help'! I yelled out, hoping he could hear me wherever he is.

~Author's POV~

Hoggle was walking alone, mumbling to himself, regretting the choice he made to abandon Y/n.

'Hoggle'! He heard Y/n call.

'Oh, I'm coming, Y/n', he said and in a hurry, he rushed to the direction he heard her only to be stopped by Jareth.

'Well, if it isn't you... and uh, where are you going'? He asked.

'Uh, well, the little lady gave me the slip but I hears her now so uh, I was about to lead her back to the beginning like you told me'.

'I see. For one moment, I thought you were running to help her but not after my warnings... You tricked me before', he said, pushing off the rock he was leaning on and walking around Hoggle.

'Oh, you bet it would. Me? Help her? After your warnings'? Hoggle asked and starts to laugh it off until stopping abruptly coming face to face with Jareth.

'Oh dear. Poor Hoghead-'

'Hoggle', Hoggle corrected.

'I just noticed your lovely jewels are missing, again', Jareth said, pulling his ear.

'Uh, oh yes. So they are... my lovely jewels... missing uh... I must  find them but first I'm off to take the little lady back to the beginning of the Labyrinth'.

'Wait, I've got a much better plan, Hoggle'. Jareth pulled a crystal ball out of thin air and tossed it to Hoggle.

'Not again'.

'Why the concern? She may forgive you or... not. You'll give her that, Hoggle or I'll tip you straight into the bog of eternal stench before you can blink'.

'Yes yes, I know how it goes', Hoggle huffed, walking.

'And Hoggle, if she kisses you-'

'I know I know'. Jareth laughed.

~Your POV~

I ran as fast as I can away from the creatures but they followed me but then I ran to a dead end.

'Shit, please don't take my head off'. I looked up the wall. Somehow, some bricks were sticking out that wasn't just a moment ago. Then rope fell down. 'Hoggle'! I began to climb with the help of the rocks.

'Scrum, shoo', Hoggle hissed.

'Hoggle, you came'! I hugged him and kissed him slightly and then the floor beneath us opened and we fell. I grabbed onto something and so did Hoggle. 'What was that'? I tired helping him up and I looked down. 'Gross, what's that'?

'It's the bog of eternal stench'! I scrunched up my nose.

'I never smelt anything like it. It's worse than sewage'.

'Oh, it's doesn't matter what it's like, it's the bog of eternal stench. Help'! I helped him up and he moved to the wall. 'Oh, what did you have to go and do a thing like that'?

'Rescue you'?

'No! You kissed me'!

'You know, I was actually doubting it. Your not my type, far from it', I joked, rolling my eyes. We kept walking along the legde. 'I know you came back to help me and I know that you're my friend'.

'Did not, am not, I just came to get me property back... oh uh and to give you... give you'.

'Give me what'? He seemed to struggle to grab something. Suddenly, the rocks gave through and I fell along with Hoggle. 'Ludo'! I hugged the big creature.

'Ehh, smell'. I laughed.

'Where's Griphock'? I looked around. I heard some muffled screaming. It looked like Ludo was sitting on him so I helped him up. 'Hoggle, calm down. This is Ludo, his a friend'.

'Smell'. I laughed and pinched my nose with a nod.

'You're right. There's a bridge over there, let's go'.

Oooo, I don't know if y'all caught it but there is a mystery here.

I'm thinking of making a book two when I finish this and it should give you more clues as to the mystery of Y/n.