Chapter 2

I picked up the bat again and stood up. I heard laughter every now and then which creeped me out.

'Who are you? Where's my brother'?

'Why Y/n, you know exactly who I am'. I thought and my eyes widened.

'It can't be. I must be dreaming. The Goblin King? Well I thought he looked like an ugly goblin himself'.

'I assure you, you're not dreaming'.

'Then where is my brother or I'll bash your head in for intrusion'.

'You are different from your mother, she was much calmer than you'.

'What are you talking about'?

'Y/n, go back to your room. Go back to reading your silly books and forget about the baby'.

'He's my brother, how can I? And I didn't mean it. I didn't think it was real'.

'I've brought you, a gift'. He made a crystal ball appear.

'What is it'?

'It's a crystal, nothing more. But if you turn it this way and look at it, it will show you your dreams'. He started to do tricks with it. 'But this is not a gift for an ordinary girl who takes care of a screaming baby'. He held out the crystal ball and I slowing went to grab it but he pulled away. 'Do you want it? Then forget about the baby'. I thought.

'I-I can't.

'Y/n...' I watched him turn the crystal ball into a snake.

I wasn't scared. I loved snakes.

'Don't defy me'. He tossed the snake at me and I panicked for a second but soon calmed down.

It turned into a scarf as a goblin appeared and ran away.

'You're no match for me, Y/n'.

'You wanna bet fancy pants and I happen to like snakes. Where is my brother'? He pointed to the window.

'He's there, in my castle'.

I saw a castle in the distance surrounded by a cool looking labyrinth. I tried not to smile.

'Do you still want to look for him'?

'I- is that the castle beyond the goblin city'? I turned around to see the room was gone.

'Turn back, Y/n. Turn back before it's too late'. I scoffed.

'Are you kidding? I still need my brother back and it will be fun', I whispered the last bit.

'What a pity'.

'Besides, it doesn't look that far too me'.

'It's farther than you think, time is short', he said into my ear. 'You have 13 hours in which to solve the labyrinth before your baby brother becomes one of us, such a pity'. He disappeared.

If I lose Henry, my mother will hate me even more. Besides, I always love an adventure. I noticed that I still had my bat so I grabbed some vines and tied it around my bay, swinging it around my back.

I walked around and saw a goblin doing his business.

'Dude, gross'.

'Excuse me'. He pulled up his pants and I laughed. 'No one ever comes here. Say yous look familiar'.

'Well I haven't been here before'.

'Yous Sarah'. I frowned.

'How do you know my mother's name'?

'Mother'?

'She's been here before? Look, do you know how to get into the labyrinth'?

'Asking the right questions, I see. It's right through there'. I looked at the doors and walking into the labyrinth.