Chapter 6

'Watch it, you step in this stuff and you'll smell forever', Hoggle said as we were about to cross the bridge when a little fox looking creature jumped out in front of us.

'Stop! Stop I say'! He said and as I removed my sleeve to talk as I looked down at him.

'Please, We have to get across', I said as I really was hating this stench.

'Without my permission, no one may cross', he said as I was worried for Henry.

'Please, I only have little time left', I said with pleading eyes. 'We've got to get out of this stench'.

'Smell bad', Ludo agreed with him.

'Stench? Well, what speaketh thou'? The fox asked in an old time manner.

'It smells', I said with my sleeve to my nose again.

'I smell nothing', he said as I looked at him. I came to realisation.

'You're joking', Hoggle said in disbelief as well.

'He's a fox, Hoggle. He lives by his sense of smell', I said.

'Ahh, the air is sweet, and fragrant, and none may pass without my permission', he said and
pointed his staff at us.

'Smell bad'! Ludo said as I couldn't agree more.

'Well... can we have your permission to pass'?

'Well, ummm'.

'You did say we need your permission so I'm asking'.

'Yes'.

'Thank you'. I went past him.

'Say, you look familiar'. I chuckled and walked on the bridge.

'I get that a lot here. I'm the daughter of Sarah, I'm Y/n'.

'M'lady, Sir Didymus'. I smiled.

'Noble sir'. The plank more and I suddenly had the fear of falling into the bog.

'Don't worry, M'lady. This bridge was well rebuilt'. He tapped on the bridge and the rocks gave through.

I grabbed the branch above me and it seemed to tighten around my hand.

'Hoggle'! I shouted when I saw Hoggle come back. Apparently, he was already on the other side.

'There now, fair maiden! I will save thee. somehow', Didymus said as Ludo started howling like he did when we first met.

'Not again', Hoggle yelled.

'Again'?!

Then a boulder came rolling and stopped right under me in the bog. I let go of the branch and stood on the rock while Ludo kept howling, causing more rocks to appear and created a path. I started walking across.

Ludo started walking across and then Didymus on a dog like a horse.

'It's alright, Ambrosius. Thee lady is a descendent of lady Sarah. I chuckled.

We started to walk through a forest and I was aware of some vines moving around, snaking around trees.

After a while, we all started to get hungry as we heard Didymus' stomach grumble.

'Is that my stomach or yours, Ambrosius'? He asked as I giggled softly.

'Hungry', Ludo said as I also felt my stomach grumble.

'Yeah. Well, we can't stop now. Maybe we can find some berries or something but everything here is so strange', I said and looked around, biting my lip a little.

'Uh, Y/n'? Hoggle asked as I glanced back at him. 'Uh, here', he said and held out a peach as I turned and smiled.

'Thank you, you're a lifesaver', I said with a smile. I was about to bite it when I stopped and remembered what my mother said and from what I learned from countless books. 'On second thought, no thanks'. I tossed it back to Hoggle.

'Why'?

'My mother once told me to never eat things from strangers'. I continued walking.

'I'm a stranger to you'?

'No, but I also learnt that if I don't know where it came from or if I'm in a strange place, never to trust anything. It's like nearly in every James Bond movie. A girl hands him a drink or something and there he is- drugged'.

I grabbed the peach and looked at it.

'I mean, would you eat it'? He looked away.

'No'! I tossed the peach into the woods and continued walking.

Soon, we reached the Goblin city and I got excited. Didymus got off Ambrosius and started hitting the door.

'Open up! Open up right now'!He shouted as I tried quieting him.

'Sir Didymus, you'll wake the guard', I said a little louder as he ignored me and kept pounding on the door.

He told the guard to wake up then whacked the guard's helmet as I shushed him again.

'I shall fight you all to the death'! He yelled at the guard then went back to hitting the gate as I hurried over to him, grabbing his staff.

'Please, Didymus. For my sake, hush',I said and lightly put my finger on his nose.

'But of course. For thee, anything..but, I'm not a coward'? He asked as I shook my head. 'And my sense of smell is kene'? He asked, looking up at me.

'Of course, you are', I said softly with a smile as he got loud again.

'Then I should fight anyone, anywhere, anyplace, anytime-'

'Yes, yes. We all know, now hush', I whispered softly and stood up. 'Now, quietly.'

'Ambrosius, be quiet now', I hear him say, getting back on Ambrosius as we walked through the gate.

'I don't see why we have to be so quiet, it's only a goblin city', he said quietly.

'If it's too easy to get in, there has to be something wrong', I said when the gates slam shut and Ludo let out a growl. 'Come on, Ludo', I said.

My smile dropped when giant doors closed in front of us and a giant metal guard was put together and came to life.

'Holy sh- '

'Who goes'? The guard asked in a deep voice while Didymus starts barking at it. 'Who goes'? The giant asked again. It grabbed a big axe.

'Watch out'! I yelled out and ducked when the axe was swung as Ambrosius knocked Didymus off him and ran, hiding.

Didymus kept telling him to get back here as me and Ludo kept dodging the axe.

When the axe came down on us again, I done the most craziest thing and grabbed the handle. I was lifted into the air and jumped on its head.

'M'lady'!

I looked for an opened and life's the rather light head and saw that a goblin was controlling the big robot. I kicked him out and destroyed the panel before jumping down.

'Ahh'. I screamed in pain and grabbed my leg. I pulled out the sharp object.

'Are you alright'?

'Yes, Hoggle'.

'Y/n hurt', Ludo said.

'It's not that bad. Just cuts and bruises'. I stood up and wrapped an arm around my stomach.

'On you face, arms- that was courageous of you, M'lady'.

'Thank you, Sir Didymus. Come on'.

We walked on and looked around till something caught my eye. A black cat.

'Hang on-'

I kinda thought this thing where if I saw one, I was in a dream or something but I can't be if I got hurt and I saw a clock, so it's impossible, is it?