LtHU: ⩿⇻1⇺⪀

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬:

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔 -𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬
𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑼 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑼 -𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙𝒂 𝑺𝒍𝒐𝒂𝒏𝒆
𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑴𝑨𝑹𝑬 -𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒏𝒖𝒆
𝑩𝒐𝒅𝒚𝒃𝒂𝒈 -𝒄𝒉𝒍𝒐𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆
𝑺𝒐 𝑫𝒂𝒎𝒏 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒀𝒐𝒖 -𝑽𝒍𝒂𝒅 𝑯𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒚

.

.

.

.

•⁓⁚⁛⁚⁓•

Heeseung is a self aware person who know his values and boundaries and tends to prioritize them no matter what. This attitude results to some of his surroundings describing him as vainglorious and in some scarce cases, self absorbed.

No matter what opinions the others have, he indeed strives to be the best, without considering the cost. And like the proper overachiever that he is, he surely craves to be on top in most of his pursuits.

That's probably one of the reasons that he likes to lead in whatever he's doing. Because, at least in his thoughts, he is the only the person who can manage to do something so flawlessly.

Teamwork is for losers. My leading will guarantee our success.

That's what he said and became the football team's captain. And that was truth. To him most of the other people are just pawns that get him to attainment.

He detests people who doubt him or are under the illusion that they are better than him. So a way to highlight his superiority was actually pretend that he doesn't muddle for anything he does.

Because Lee Heeseung skips his classes in way to establish his insouciant and party animal persona, emphasizing his unconstrained excellence. But his "unconstrained excellence" wasn't actually so unforced as he managed to showcase it. Because unfortunately, it requires to study for at least two hours to get a grade that he could brag about. And Heeseung knew it so he spent most of his alone time studying.

Of course, he'd never admitted that he wasn't a batshit crazy, college's party addict and he actually put on the effort to get the grades he has. But why should he stop lying -or better, exaggerating- when his bravado swells in his chest, watching his classmate's staggered faces after stating to them that he was actually mindlessly partying the night before and briefly studied for an hour that morning?

Nevertheless, he had no serious issues. He found studying easy, being in a team captain was easy and apparently breaking hearts was easy too. So his life was relatively good. And with some alcohol and sex it was even better.

Until Park Sunghoon happened.

...

It was a chilly late autumn morning and Heeseung was in the cafeteria with Jake and Jay.

The youngers were bored so they started rating their female classmates.

"Yeji noona's all that. And I'm sorry for you if you don't say so, Jay." Jake insisted when they were struggling to pick the top five.