LtHU: ⩿⇻4⇺⪀

•⁓⁚⁛⁚⁓•

The professor ceased dramatically with Sunghoon's eyes glued on her lips, jittery waiting for him to be declared. Only two names weren't announced among the thirty five ones for the test results and -surprise surprise- it was his and scumbag's again.

He relaxed his stiff shoulders, not wanting to look rigid to the idiot behind him. He was almost convinced that this day he would definitely surpass the menace, since he studied four hours with no breaks for this. And hell, it was difficult material to study.

Him and the scumbag hadn't really interacted ever since the older's impetuous comments. Somehow Sunghoon was getting more and more boisterous with the other's argumentative silence. Seeing him acting like that was fucking ridiculous because the ice skater was the one that looked like the tenacious nit picking freak by stealthily stalking the older's social media, arduously asking Sunoo about further information for him and even stare at him sometimes only in the cafeteria.

He didn't really feel ready to admit to himself that he had wasted some of his precious time on a guy who was one of people who had the effrontery to insult him face to face for the stupidest reason ever...

But he did.

Yes, he knew that Heeseung just needed the chance and the right timing to completely shit on someone and he shouldn't add so much weight on a scumbag's auctions. But the insult itself offended him because a literal jock called him a cunt and he just took it in like a helpless puppy, not getting the chance to have the last word making a fool out of himself.

Ugh, when the hell is she gonna talk? Does she really have to be silent for the suspense?

"And first place goes to... Lee Heeseung with 95 points?" her monotonous tone cracked at the end. "Good job, Heeseung-ssi." the professor conceded with a quick nod, her astounded voice was by far distinct.

Of course it was a good fucking job, shit.

Everyone had turned their heads to the known crammer slacker, completely bowled over that he actually outdid himself, having one of the best scores in years.

Sunghoon gulped, feeling his heart racing as he bashfully turned his head. To his surprise, menace was already waiting for the final step to his victory, then making a brief eye contact full of the ice skater's mortification and the older's cockiness.

But this day, it wasn't the usual look, although he did even better than other times. His eyes didn't burnish with arrogance or the need of his verification to realize that he actually surpassed the younger. It was a self-confident, gratified glance as if it was formulaic that he'd get the best scores. That strangely made Sunghoon feel… worthless?

He hardly ripped his pupils apart from the other's, sensing every part of his body freezing.

"Thank you..." Heeseung just peeped at the professor. "It was nothing, really."

He's back at it, again.

Sunghoon smiled out of relief, although the assumptive tone of the comment was slightly aggravating, turning to his bovine state again.

After the manspread's main character moment, the teacher announced the former athlete's score. It was actually pretty normal, 89. Some people would kill for this grade but for the perfectionist the latter was he found it pretty disappointing.

I couldn't even score a round 90, tch.

The number 95 was highlighted with red color in Sunghoon's brain, like a technical error.

How the hell did menace even get it, though? The pre-exam test was really difficult -considering that it has the same structure with the exams one- and for many, even scoring over 50 was enough. Let alone that the guy was a total slacker. What if he had slept with Mrs. Park to get a better grade? No, that's totally bonkers.