LtHU: ⩿⇻3⇺⪀

•⁓⁚⁛⁚⁓•

Heeseung scrubbed the white towel on his dump hair as he came out of the changing room's bathroom, humming a tune of a song he'd heard the other day.

During the last weeks, everything was in a nifty sync for him, letting him bog further down to his usual life style. His academic scores were naturally the best and although he hated to admit, the rise of his math scores inundated a victorious sensation in him, although some sparkles of adrenaline remained right before the tests.

"Hyung's too happy lately." Jake patted the older's shoulder with an exuberant grin.

"I'm not happy! I just acknowledge that the peacefulness of a carefree mind's a privilege that I'm blessed to have." Heeseung pensively admitted but behind these content pupils the truth was murky.

Surely, he still felt vexed by the contemptuous glares and he was weirded out of his own occult wish to watch Sunghoon's impassive mask fall off and see the younger's authentic emotions. But as long as he could enshroud these foolish, almost toxic thoughts he was alright.

"When he says crappy nonsense, is when he's finally in a good mood." Jay pointed out sardonically while texting.

"I love the way you describe my words, Jay-ya!"

"Oh, I bet you'd love to know Sunghoon's opinions on you after the stupid shit you told." Jake mumbled but immediately closed his mouth, as if mentioning Bad News was a unspoken rule that had to not be broken.

Heeseung's eyes abruptly flinged on the younger. He pressed his lips in an attempt to look furious although he was just erasing a smirk. Every time someone mentioned him, he had a reason to talk about the ice skater and the acid that was burning his throat could be spat in insults and criticisms to Bad News.

"Why you had to bring him up?" he just scoffed, offended.

"Hyung, you're one of my best friends but I gotta admit that... you acted like a fucking douchebag." Jay owned up with solemn expression.

"Shut up J-" Heeseung rolled his eyes.

"Jay-ssi's right, hyung." Jake joined. "Why you had the need to be an ass to your transferred dongsaeng?"

"Listen, you weren't even there to know exactly what happened!" Heeseung's face turned into a defensive one, miffed by his friends' accusations.

"Sunghoon-ie told me-"

"How the fuck you know that he wasn't just making up shit?"

"Because we know you, Heeseung hyung!" Jay snapped and glowered at the older.

A tense silence made its way amongst them. Heeseung just started putting on his clothes and Jay continued tapping his screen.

Maybe I'm borderline an asshole.

At the end of the day, he was the one who was bothering someone out of sole boredom and intuition. But Sunghoon's eyes, especially the pure look of disgust they had in them when they laid on him, drove him steps closer to a senseless and almost manic gorge that wouldn't stop doubling with each eye contact.

"Hyung... We get it why you might not like Sunghoon. He hangs out with Jungwon and stuff but he's a good guy." Jake finally allayed the atmosphere. "Why don't you give him a try? If Jay's gonna find a middle ground between you and hi-"