𝟷𝟺...ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ

January 28, 2022

Nabi woke up to dim white lights and a dusty white ceiling in front of her. 

Her head felt like it was being hammered through and Nabi winced in pain when she tried to move her left arm, a sharp pinch like pain jolting through her left arm. 

Nabi briefly moved her head down to look down at her left arm, lifting it slightly so it would be easier for her eyes to accomodate and saw a needle poking through her skin. 

That's when Nabi realized she's laying down on a bed in an unknown surrounding. 

Just where is she? 

"Nabi? Are you awake?" 

Nabi tilted her head to see Mia walking towards her with concern etched on her head. 

"Unnie?" Nabi tried to speak normally but her voice came out as cracked and hoarse. 

"You are awake. Wait, let me call the nurse," Mia said, helping Nabi sit up slightly as she saw that Nabi was trying to get up.

"Where am I unnie?" Nabi asked, squinting as her eyes felt heavy and tired and she rested her head against the pillow as she slowly sat up. 

"The hospital. Here, have a sip of water," Mia replied, handing Nabi a half filled glass of water. 

"The hospital?" Nabi questioned, confused.

"Don't you remember? You fainted at work Nabi," Mia told her gently. 

"What-I don't-"Nabi tried to speak but trailed off when she remembered what had happened earlier. She does not exactly remember fainting but Nabi most definitely remembers feeling sick and dizzy. 

Mia sighed and said, "Let me just quickly call on the nurse, okay? Then we can talk." 

Nabi slowly nodded her head in understanding and Mia quickly got out of the room, leaving Nabi alone. 

While Mia was gone, Nabi took the time to take in the details of her surroundings. Nabi noticed that she was the only patient in the room, which was a tiny room made to accommodate one patient and another companion. 

At the right side of Nabi's hospital bed was a couch with a large window on top. The curtains were drawn and Nabi could tell that night had already fallen on the city as the skyline was illuminated by the brightness of the streetlights and building lights. 

In front of Nabi's bed sat a chair, which looked as if someone had been sitting on it not too earlier, and at the left side of her bed was a small side table with a small fake plant beside it. The furniture was nothing special, just stereotypical hospital like.

It really was a small room but just enough for one patient. 

The last time Nabi was in a hospital room was the day her father passed away. She didn't really have much of a reason to visit private hospital rooms after that. She doesn't really have trauma of being in hospital room, as some may do, but it isn't the most pleasurable feeling either. 

Hearing the door open, Nabi turned her head and began, "Unnie i-" only to stop when she saw that Mia wasn't the one walking in. 

"Oppa," Nabi said in surprise when she saw Sehun walking in instead of Mia. 

"Nabi, you're awake," Sehun stated as if it weren't obvious. 

"What are you doing here?" Nabi asked. 

"Looking after you of course," Sehun answered, "How are you feeling? Still dizzy?"

"No," Nabi shook her head, "But my head hurts."