𝟷𝟿...ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇssᴇs

By the time their dinner had actually finished, Nabi couldn't wait to get home. All throughout dinner, all she heard was her mother praising her boyfriend and his two kids with occasionally nitpicking at Nabi's choice of clothes to her poor quality of skin due to lack of proper skin care.

But for Suho's sake, Nabi remained civil and quite and simply ignored most of her mother's comments, and well most of her mother's chattering. Nabi had figured out by now that David is supporting her mother financially and is providing her with ample amount of money because Nabi had seen quite a few of credit cards in her mother's wallet when she opened it earlier.

Despite this, she made no offer or move to pay for the meal and just let Nabi handle the bill all by herself. Nabi guesses it is expected of her since she is the breadwinner. Still, it would be nice to actually eat a meal her mother bought for her.

She watched quietly as Suho hailed their mother a cab, which Nabi also paid for, and then also watched as Suho walked to the subway station after he bid her goodbye and reminded her to eat properly again.

Now that Nabi is finally alone, she turned towards the direction of the bus stop and began to walk into the direction with the silhouettes of two men standing in the distance stopped her in her tracks.

At first she stopped because she got startled by the two silhouettes   standing incredibly still but upon having a second look, Nabi realized she knew the two men.

Maybe a bit too well.

She stepped closer without ay hesitance and narrowed her eyes in concentration, "Coups?" 

Sure enough, Scoups stepped out of the shadows and into the dim light of the streetlamp, revealing himself and Nabi slowed down in her steps. 

"Was that Mingyu?" Was the first thing Scoups asked when she was near enough, skipping all the greetings. 

Nabi frowned, confused and said, "Mingyu? No. Why?"

Scoups nodded his head sternly once, showing his understanding, and explained, *He said he was going out with a friend again. I thought it might have been you since the last time he said he was meeting a friend, he went to see you."

"Well, that wasn't Mingyu. We don't meet all that often," Nabi told him. 

"Who was that then," Scoups asked, clearly referring to her brother who just left a couple of moments ago. 

"Suho," Nabi answered, "What are you. . ."

Nabi had started to ask him a question which was when she truly realized that he wasn't alone as the second silhouette stepped into the dim light as well, making his presence known. 

Jeonghan. 

Her voice trailed away, her question dead in her throat as she closed her mouth and gave him a little bow, acknowledging him and he barely nodded in her direction as well. 

"Were you both out?" Nabi asked, addressing Scoups only.

"We went out for drinks," Scoups answered, "Although we're still headed towards the place." 

This time it was Nabi that gave the stern nod, as if to show her understanding and said. "I see."

Nabi has already met all of the Seventeen's members before, few on multiple occasions as well, so it wasn't like she was starstruck or surprised to see Jeonghan with Scoups. Nabi is also aware of the close friendship between the two and how they often go out to eat dinner or drink together, and Nabi honestly could care less about who Scoups is friends with and who he isn't. 

However the reason why she grew uncomfortable when she saw Jeonghan standing at  a small distance from them, was more due to the aura he produces. Nabi has met Jeonghan quite a few times before and each time he had either pretend she doesn't really exist or greet her once and then ignore her for the rest of the time.