𝟷𝟼. . .ᴄᴏɴғʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

"Isn't that your boyfriend?"

Scoups continued to stand there with an unreadable expression as he looked at Mingyu, Nabi and Suho. 

"Hyung," Mingyu was the first one to properly react, his voice not really carrying any particular emotion. 

If Mingyu was surprised to see Scoups here then he did a good job of hiding it and if he wasn't surprised that Scoups was here than he once again did a good job of hiding it. 

"Scoups. . . You're here," Nabi stated as if it weren't clear. It was obvious to anyone that Nabi wasn't expecting him and her offhanded reaction only proved this even more. 

"I mean. . .what are you doing here?" Nabi corrected herself. 

Scoups walked a step closer and spoke up for the first time, "I called you." 

"You did?" Nabi asked with a mixture of doubt and surprise.

"You didn't pick up," Scoups continued, "So I thought I might just come here and surprise you."

Nabi picked up her phone from where it was lying face down on her side and saw that she indeed has a missed call from Scoups as well as a few texts from him too. Nabi would've heard them if she didn't put her phone on silent mode. 

"Sorry. . .I didn't realize," Nabi apologized. 

"I can tell," Scoups said then turning to Mingyu, he continued, "I thought you were going out to meet a friend." 

"I am. . .meeting a friend," Mingyu pointed out, referring to Nabi as his 'friend'. 

A few moments of silence followed. 

"What about you hyung? I thought you had other plans today," Mingyu asked, his words cutting through the silence like a knife. 

"They got cancelled," Scoups said shortly, not providing any further information. 

It was then Nabi noticed the plastic bag in his hand and asked, "Did you eat already? Do you want to eat dinner?"

Scoups looked down at the plastic bag in his hand and said, "I wanted to eat with you but I can see you already ate."

Nabi grimaced a bit. 

Why does everyone want to eat with her today? 

First Mingyu, then Suho and now Scoups. 

Since when did she become so special to everyone? 

"You can still eat with us. Mingyu's still eating. Suho still has yet to eat," Nabi pointed out. 

Scoups nodded silently and sat down next to Nabi as she moved to the side to make space for Scoups, seeing that he was making his way towards her. She could feel that he was sulking slightly. 

Nabi knows that Mingyu and Scoups are very close, having spent nearly ten years together with one another. They saw each other grow up and pretty much spend most of their times together so she couldn't understand why they were being so awkward around each other right now. Is it because Nabi is also there?

Maybe its because they aren't used to being around with an outsider at the same time.

Even though it is her home and they are being guests in her house, Nabi felt like the outsider. Almost as if she were blocking all the conversation between them.

"What did you bring?" Nabi attempted to make light conversation to diffuse the awkwardness in the air. 

"Jokbal," Scoups answered and then continued, "I didn't know you two were friends."