Chapter 7

It's been a week since Louis' dad went away on his supposed 'three day work trip' and even though Louis is grateful his father hasn't returned yet, he can't help but feel a tight knot in his stomach, like something bad is going to happen.

He shakes off the feeling and gets ready for school. His bruises are now almost healed and he doesn't need to wear a scarf to school which he takes as a small win. It's starting to get a little hot and people are starting to suspect, especially Harry which is weird to say the least.

He remembers feeling like he's being watched. He was walking home from school a couple days back. When he turned around, there wasn't anyone in sight but he could swear he smelled Harry's cologne. He hates that he knows what Harry smells like. But it's not like he has a choice when they literally tackle each other on the field almost every single day.

Louis is startled by the phone ringing downstairs and jogs towards the sound.

"Hello?"

"Sweetheart, you answered." A familiar voice speaks on the other side of the phone.

"M- mom?" Louis gulps. It's been such a long time since he last talked to his mother.

"Lou, my baby, it's so good to hear your voice." He can hear little sniffles and visibly cringes at the sound of his mother crying.

"What do you want?" He says coldly.

Hannah is taken aback but composes herself and answers, "Oh I just wanted to talk to you. It's been a while."

"Since you last tried to hurt me?"

"Baby I'm so sorry. I wasn't in my right mind but I swear I'm better now. Your dad wouldn't let me meet you or even talk to you."

"I- I'm getting late for school." Louis says and hangs up the call. He can feel his knees becoming weak and his hands shaking. The memories are suddenly fresh from what happened almost four years ago and he hates the feeling he gets everytime he thinks about it. He doesn't like feeling this way.

It's difficult to explain but he feels a tingling sensation take all over his body, his ears and face start to get hot, his hands become shaky and his legs wobbly.

Louis finally pulls himself together and eats a small breakfast to help get rid of the feeling.

When he reaches school, he's out of breath and his insides feel like they're on fire.

"Look who decided to show up after yesterday's big loss."

"Styles shut the fuck up literally!" Louis says already annoyed.

"Oh someone's fiesty today."

"I swear to fucking god I'm gonna murder you. I'm not in the fucking mood today." Louis says trying to walk past Harry who blocks his way. "Move, asshole."

"Easy on the language there sunshine." Harry smiles and Louis can see his dimples. For a second he feels like touching them but then remembers who he's talking to.

"You're such a fucking baby Styles. We all know we lost because of your stupidity. Don't even think about blaming me for it."

"Well, who the fuck wears a scarf to a game!? I for real thought you were gonna pass out."

"Why do you care?" Louis rolls his eyes, taking a deep breath in. "Look, Harry I'm really trying to keep my shit together and you're making it hard for me to do so. So, before I do anything I will probably not regret later, move aside."

"Louis, what's up bro! Sick game yesterday. Though I'm sad we didn't win." Zayn swings an arm around Louis' shoulder.

"Zayn will you tell Mr stubborn fuck over here to move the fuck aside." Louis smiles.