Chapter 12

Harry's POV:

It's already night by the time I wake up. Louis' still fast asleep next to me, his soft breath lightly tickling my neck.

I rub my eyes, squinting a little as I adjust to the light. Oops, I say to myself. I slept for too long. I check the time and surely it is dinner time. I gently lifts Louis' arm from my chest, resting it beside him.

Louis wakes up not long after. His eyes are like the black hole and his face sunken. He looks so unwell. He looks around the room like he has woken someplace unfamiliar.

"Good morning to you too." I joke as he looks at me with death like eyes.

"I told you I would stab you if you woke me up." He says, his voice soft yet intimidating somehow.

"I didn't wake you up."

"Then why did you get up?" He asks. I pause for a second.

"It's already dinner time and you need to take your meds if you want to get better. You look dead right now."

"What do you mean get better? I'm well enough."

"You don't look well enough to me." I look him up and down as he tries to stand up.

"Shut up." He says as he tries to walk the few steps to where I'm standing. He stumbles on his way and I catch him, my hands around his waist.

I can't help the little snicker that escapes my lips.

"Stop that." Louis looks up at me like he's going to kill me.

"What? You just look like a baby goat trying to walk." I say holding back my laughter.

Louis looks at me like I just asked for his kidney. "You little bitch." He says shoving me aside.

"Oh come on, baby goats are cute." I say still stifling in my laughter.

"You know what's not cute? My fist making contact with your pretty face." He says throwing me a smile.

"I liked the morning Louis better." I joke.

"Too bad then." He pouts.

Alright so now since you're fully awake, you gotta take your meds.

"How do I know you're not poisoning me or something?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Trust me there are better ways that poisoning someone." I wink at him. After he's done rolling his eyes, we walk downstairs.

He sits on the counter while I search the cabinets for something to make since the food Gemma made this morning was shit. Some people are really not made for the kitchen. I shake my head at the thought.

"What are you making?" Louis asks following my every movement with his eyes.

"Pasta." I reply. "I'm afraid the food Gemma left us in the fridge isn't edible and pasta is like the only thing I know how to make so we're having it for dinner."

"Try not burning the kitchen down."

"Yeah no, I don't think that'll happen." I say taking out the pot from the lower cabinet, fill it with water and put it on the stove.

Louis sits on the counter still, silently watching me.

"Don't watch me like that. You're making me uneasy." I say taking out the ingredients for the sauce.

"What do you want me to do then?"

"I don't know. Maybe walk around?"

"I think I prefer sitting here and making sure you don't kill us."