691 - Valtteri Bottas

Requested by patylovesf1

691: "I'm only a bad influence on our son/daughter and I only spoil them so much because I'm not around nowhere near enough."

Letting out a mumble of confusion, your eyes suddenly snapped open that morning, before you immediately squinted them as the rising sun pierced through your curtains. Once you had become fully aware of your surroundings, you let out a sigh of irritation under your breath as the excitable chatter of your son and your daughter filled your ears, the early time meaning that you were finding it difficult to feel excited about how this would mean that your husband, Valtteri would have just arrived home from his last race weekend.

You may have been woken up a lot later than you wanted to have been, but the edges of your lips curled up into a small smile as you made your way down the stairs because of how much you had missed Valtteri. However, your improvement in mood was very short lived, you standing in your living room doorway to see that your children had ripped open large packets of sweets which Valtteri had given them, this explaining why they were already so hyper, even more so than usual when their dad would arrive home.

"Daddy?" Your daughter than pleaded, no one noticing you were there as she dragged out the world whilst gazing up at Valtteri with dilated pupils. "Can you buy me these toys? Mummy said no."

Your daughter then picked up her iPad from the the arm of the sofa beside her and loaded up the page which she wanted Valtteri to look at, the Finn immediately agreeing to this without any hesitations, causing you to role your eyes because this wasn't the first time which he had overruled a decision which you had made in regards to your children. Y

"Oh, hi, love," Valtteri then spoke up once he had noticed you, trying to hide the worry in his voice as you rested your hands on your hips.

He then closed the distance between your bodies, but before he was able to wrap his arms around you, you swerved him, being in no mood for affection in that moment.

"Why do you always do this?" You muttered under your breath with frustration as you overheard your son telling your daughter that he knew Valtteri would get some toys which he also wanted. "Why do you always go against decisions I make? Why do you always give them everything they want? They need to know in life that they can't always get anything. We need to make sure they don't turn out to be privileged spoiled brats."

Valtteri knew exactly where you were coming from, knowing that you didn't grow up with the money that he did, however, as he was about to respond sadness filled his eyes because as much as he understood your point of view, he had his reasons for spoiling your children so much.

"I'm sorry. I know it's unfair that I go against your decisions sometimes, but I'm only a bad influence on our son and daughter and I only spoil them so much because I'm not around nowhere near enough," explained Valtteri guiltily as he looked down at them with a small smile. "I know I'm only away a lot because of work, but I still can't help but feel guilty. I still can't help but feel like that if I give them any less attention, they'll stop loving me. I know that sounds ridiculous, but-"

Your expression softened at the sound of Valtteri's words, his reasoning having never been something which you had thought about, you always thinking that he spoiled your children purely because he had the money to do so.

"Now I'm the one whose sorry. I'm sorry to just dump to conclusions because I hadn't even thought about that," you replied apologetically as you wrapped your arms around the back of Valtteri's neck. "You know that they'll never stop loving you no matter what. When you're away, you're all they can talk about. They can't wait for you to come home and that will never change."

Those words of reassurance were exactly what Valtteri needed to hear. After placing a gentle peck of appreciation to your lips, he made his way back over to the sofa and sat in between your two children, Valtteri making a compromise in that he would let them have those toys, but in future, if you said no, he would say the same. Your mood soon completely changed, broad smiles being spread across all of your lips because of the quality family time which you were spending together, you thinking that you wouldn't change this time for the world.