371 - Lewis Hamilton

Requested by skoleeee

371: "I wonder how our son/daughter's teachers are going to react to meeting us for the first time."

Driving into your five year old daughter's school gates for her first parents' evening, you took a shaky deep breath as you rested your hand on top of your husband, Lewis' on the gearstick, looking at him with slight panic out of the corner of your eye.

"I wonder how our daughter's teachers are going to react to meeting us for the first time," you whispered with worry under your breath as Lewis was pulling into a parking spot.

"As I've said, you've got nothing to worry about, baby. Since we're in Monaco, I'm sure the school's used to dealing with well known parents," replied Lewis comfortingly, making sure to keep his voice lowered so your daughter, who was in the back, would be unaware of your nerves. "Because of that, they're probably not going to make a fuss."

Once yourself and Lewis had gotten your daughter out of her car seat and the three of you were walking up to the doors, your daughter being in the middle of yourself and Lewis with both of you holding one of her hands, you began to not only worry about how the teachers were going to react, but also the other parents, you noticing that many of them, particularly the other mothers, were gazing at Lewis in awe, causing your expression to harden as you couldn't help but begin to feel protective. Many parents may have began to mutter at the sight of you, two well known F1 drivers, but as you made your way inside the building, you were thankful that no one had approached you, yourself and Lewis just wanting to focus on being parents for the evening, rather than celebrities.

"Mr and Mrs. Hamilton?" Your daughter's teacher called just moments after yourself and Lewis had sat down to wait for your time slot with the other parents.

"Here we go, the special treatment begins," you grumbled under your breath, not being ungrateful for the kindness you were often shown, but knowing that it was unfair to everyone else.

Yourself, Lewis and your daughter followed the teacher into a meeting room a few metres away, the three of you sitting opposite her desk as she closed the door behind you.

"Let me just say what an honour it is to finally meet you both," your daughter's teacher said cheerfully as she took her seat. "I hope everything is to your liking. Would you like a drink? Tea? Coffee? That could be arranged before we begin."

"Thank you, but we don't want to keep the other parents waiting for even longer than necessary," replied Lewis with appreciation, before he looked down to your daughter, who was sitting in the middle of you both. "We don't want to be treated differently to anyone else. We want to teach her that millions of people might know who we are, but that we are all equal and that she shouldn't expect special treatment."

"You're clearly doing your very best to raise a lovely girl and let me just say that your seemingly good values and morals definitely reflect in her behaviour here every single day," responded the teacher with praise. "I honestly haven't got a bad word to say about her and that's not because of who her parents are, but instead because she is an exemplary student. She is already extremely dedicated and hardworking and is kind to absolutely everyone no matter who they are. She always makes sure that everyone is included and that no one is alone when they're playing."

Yourself and Lewis both wrapped an arm around your daughter's shoulders as she beamed down at them with pride, this continuing throughout your session as both of you felt an enormous sense of relief that she was just as well behaved at school as she was at home.

"I'm so proud of you, baby girl!" Exclaimed Lewis affectionately once you were outside and making your way over to your car, picking your daughter up and holding her close to him as he placed her onto her hip. "I think you deserve a reward."

"Can we go for a race in our karts?" Your daughter asked hopefully, being unable to wait until the weekend to get back behind the wheel. "I need to keep getting faster because I want to be just like Mummy. I want to show that girls can be racing drivers too."

This was a request which neither of you could deny her, both of you somehow overflowing with even more pride at the thought of your daughter one day following in your footsteps.