17 - Charles Leclerc

Requested by millenbeth13

Taglist
Garrixer_06 Mandolin016 luminousmoonlight youkantebeserious millenbeth13 _mixaaa

17: "I can't get you out of my head."

Now that you had been working in the Ferrari hospitality as a barista for some time, your confidence was starting to grow, you serving your team members with confidence on this particular day as you would effortlessly laugh and joke with them. Talking to these people now felt completely natural to you, causing you to feel relaxed, but that was only until you turned to face your till, with your back previously being to it, to see that none other than your favourite driver on the grid, Charles was entering, heading straight for you.

'You're not one of these people who think drivers should be treated any differently from anyone else. He's just like any other team member', you told yourself as the Monegasque was approaching, but as he drew closer you were unable to prevent your heart from starting to race as your cheeks flushed scarlet at the sight of the man who you had been crushing on ever since he was in the junior categories. As Charles ordered, you managed to maintain your professionalism, repeatedly going over his order in your mind to focus your attention on that, rather than on Charles himself, but you were unable to prevent excitement from beginning to bubble up inside of you when his lips started to part once you had handed him his coffee and he had taken a sip.

"Thank you, Y/N. It's perfect, just how I like it!" Said Charles with appreciation, a broad smile spreading across his lips for a moment, before it massively narrowed as he timidly lowered his head. "Sorry if it's weird that I know your name. I know you've never told me before, but when I've been in here in the past, I couldn't help but overhear other baristas saying your name and how could I forget the name of someone so beautiful."

After placing a note into your tip jar, Charles beamed at you once more, before he exited without another word. You then reached inside the jar, before you clapped a hand tightly over your mouth at the sight of the twenty euro note which was in your hand, this being a much larger tip than you were used to receiving.

Throughout the rest of your shift, you were unable to get Charles out of your mind, a dreamy smile frequently being spread across your lips as you would replay your encounter in your mind, it feeling like a dream that a racing driver flirted with you. When your shift had come to an end that afternoon, you decided to take a stroll through the paddock since it always felt surreal to you that you were there in person, rather than just seeing it through your TV, but on a number of occasions, you found yourself running into Charles, the two of you not saying anything to each other, but your eyes often finding themselves meeting through the enormous crowd of people. You wanted desperately to approach him, but you not only stopping yourself from doing this because you thought that there was no way that he would want to get to know a barista and that he'd much rather spend his time with a rich model or something, but also because you often spotted him talking to team members. However, you finally eventually spotted him on his own. You may have been feeling sick to your stomach as you approached him, but you knew that you didn't have a choice but to pluck up the courage as you knew how busy Charles would get on a race weekend, meaning that there may not be any other opportunities to catch him for a few moments alone.

"Charles! I really need to talk to you," you said with urgency as you approached him, Charles smiling widely once he noticed you making your way towards him, but the desperation in his voice causing it to narrow due to his worry. "Could we maybe go inside your motorhome? I just don't want to publicly embarrass myself if this goes wrong."

Charles didn't hesitate to invite you into his motorhome, which he was standing outside of, you taking a shaky deep breath as you followed him inside and over to his sofa, where you sat down beside him, turning your body to face his own, but lowering your head because you felt unable to look at any part of him, let alone into his eyes.

"I wanted to come in here because I'd regret it if I didn't take the opportunity to tell you that I can't get you out of my head," you began with nervousness, rushing your words slightly before Charles was able to say anything, you worrying that he would comment on how it would seem unusual to him that you desperately needed to talk to him. "I know we've never had a real conversation, just a few words whenever I serve you, but sometimes you've got to take risks to get what you want and I really want to get to know you better, not because of your job or your money, but because of how sweet you always are. I'd love it if you were in my life in some way on a more regular basis."

You expected Charles would think it was unusual that you were so keen to get to know him, but rather than rejecting you, you let out a small gasp of surprise under your breath as he suddenly flung his arms tightly around you.

"There's always been something about you that's caught my eye. I could never put my finger on it, but you've always stood out to me and after seeing you again today, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you either. I not only want to get to know you because of how stunning you are, but also for the same reason as you, that you seem so kind and caring, just the kind of person who I'd love to have in my life," responded Charles warmly as the two of you held each other at arms length. "When we've both finished work, I'd love it if I could take you out on a date on Sunday night so we can finally get to know each other better and see if there really is something special between us like I think there could be."

You didn't want to get your hopes up that things could go anywhere between yourself and Charles because you thought you were way out of his league, but it turned out that the rest was history after that conversation in his motorhome, the two of you entering a relationship a month later and never looking back, it turning out that the rewards of your risk were way more enormous than you ever thought possible.