Chapter 11: A Perfect day... Until

I stopped with what I am doing and sighed as I stood by the kitchen counter, preparing our lunch. We woke up late because of watching her favorite K-drama series that we lost track of time. I am not fond of watching those kinds of shows but I found myself immersed with every scene last night.

I sighed as I tried to walk to the fridge to get some eggs but Sandy had been hugging me from behind while I am trying to hurry to make us something to eat. I need to make this quick because she still has her medicine to drink but it seems to be a challenge with her not intending to let go.

"Dindy," I looked at her over my shoulder.

"Mmm?" She looked up at me, placing her chin on my back, her arms still wrapped around me.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting my dose of vitamins. I'm feeling tired and I need to be recharged," she reasoned then leaned her cheek on my back.

"Let go. I need to finish cooking," I said as I cracked the egg on a bowl and beat it with a fork.

I heard her whined but eventually removed her hands around my torso. She then leaned on the sink with her arms crossed over her chest, pouting her lips like a kid not given what she likes. I smiled and focused with beating the eggs again.

"Are you upset?" I asked and looked at her again but she did not answer. She is still sulking and just stared at her feet. I smiled more at how cute she is.

I placed the beaten eggs on the heated pan and sidestep to place the bowl in the sink and wash my hands, but she stood still in the middle of the sink preventing me to do what I am supposed to do. I stared at her but she doesn't look at me. Since she does not want to move, I moved closer which made our bodies and faces so close as I placed the bowl in the sink and wash my hands, making my arms trap her in between.

She was startled with what I did and looked up until our eyes met. After wiping my hands on the cloth hanging near the sink, I rested my hands on the edge of the counter, trapping her. 

"What's the problem, hmm?" I cooed as I peered down at her. 

She looked down and started playing with the hem of my shirt. "You're not giving me attention," she whispered. I chuckled.

"Look at me," I commanded but she remained looking down. I held her chin and gently tipped it up so our gazes meet. "I am in a hurry so that you can eat something because you still need to drink your medicine," I explained. 

She did not respond and still has that sulking face. Her eyebrows lightly mush with what I said and it dawned on me that maybe she doesn't want to be treated as someone who is sick. 

"I'm sorry," she whispered and bit her lower lip.

"For what?"

"That you have to take care of me. I'm a burden, ain't I?"

I was right. She thinks that she is a burden with the way I take care of her. I stood straight and cup her cheeks with both of my hands, making her look at me. "Taking care of you is my way of showing you my attention. You will never be a burden, Dindy. You are worth all the time in the world."

I rub my thumb on her cheeks, loving how soft they are. "I know how to make that lips smile again," I said and squinted my eyes. She titled her head like a curious cat as she stares at me. I dipped down, giving her a quick peck on her lips. "There."

She squinted her eyes as well, not contented with what I did. I dipped down again and kissed her, making a smooch sound. She still doesn't smile so I continuously peck her lips and showered her face with kisses. That made her giggle.