4

𝗜𝗱𝗮'𝘀 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry.

But I've got to get a move on with my lifeIt's time to be a big girl nowAnd big girls don't cry

Munich 2022

              "You know you have to talk, don't you?" Fritz Achleitner sighed, as the girl in front of him was like paralysed in front of him. Damn, he just wanted to return home by now, but unluckily for him, he still had to question the other two boys, and it was sure as hell that none of those five guys was making it easier for him.

Ida gulped. "Y-yeah... It's just that all of this makes me very nervous." She even let out what looked like to be an hysterical laugh.

"If you have nothing to hide, then you have no reasons to be nervous." The detective pointed out.

"Yes, but it's not everyday that one of my best friends get killed and someone suspects me!" The ginger girl snapped, maybe a little bit too loud. Taking a deep breath, she shook her head. "Look, officer..."

"Detective."

"Uhm, yes. Detective. Listen, I never even killed a mosquito in my whole life, how could I kill a person?" Ida sighed, running both her hands through her long ginger hair. "Look at me! Do I look like I could actually kill someone?"

"Bold of you to assume I think you killed Miss Gienow." Fritz raised an eyebrow, kinda amused by Ida's nervousness. "Did you kill her?"

"No!" Ida exclaimed, shaking her head. "I just told you!"

Truth to be told, to answer the girl's question, Fritz didn't think she had the look of a killer, she looked like too much of a good girl with all those frekles on her cheeks, but a pretty innocent face could hide lot of secrets, and maybe hers was one of them. "Okay, miss Josten, why don't you try to calm down? I am not trying to eat you alive or charge you of something, okay? Look at this as a chat with a new friend, if this makes you feel more comfortable. Now, would you like something to drink? To eat?" As long as you finally fucking speak Fritz thought. He kinda felt like a babysitter in that moment.

"Just some water. Please." The girl replied, trying to feel more comfortable, even though it was hard. She smiled as the detective handed her almost immediately a glass of water.

"Feeling better?" The man asked, looking straight into the girl's dark eyes.

Ida nodded, even smiling a little bit. "Yes, thank you."