6

𝗠𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗮𝘀'𝘀 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

I'm with him and you're a secret treasure
He's devotion, you're a guilty pleasure
I'm with him and this is real life, honey
Guess the joke's no longer funny.

I'm with him and you're a secret treasureHe's devotion, you're a guilty pleasureI'm with him and this is real life, honeyGuess the joke's no longer funny

Munich, 2022

          Finally it came to the last boy. Fritz Alcheitner was exhausted and by now he was just hoping that this last questioning was not going to last long. It was almost two in the morning, and he had been in that fucking room since midday, he just wanted to relax, with no more reckless and doubtful young guys to deal with.

"Matthias Neumayer." The detective red his name on his file, as he stepped into the interrogation room once again, after a little cigarette break. The guy now sitting in front of him looked like the typical modern football player. Tall, fit, tattooed arms, his dirt blonde hair perfectly slided back with who knew how much gel hair. The kind of guy he could have hated if he was still sixteen. "Football player, huh?"

The guy -who also held a Polish passport thanks to his mother- nodded, his eyes were of an icy blue, lighter than Fritz's. "Yes. Hoping to be professional one day." He smiled cockily. "Bayern Munich is the goal."

At his words, Fritz couldn't help but let out a little laugh. "It will be much easier for you if you have a clean criminal record." He teased. "No clubs want to sign a criminal." In all honesty, Fritz just wanted to take off that grin on the footballer's face. "Or do they?"

Matthias's cocky smile fell, and he turned more serious. "I've got nothing to hide, detective." The blonde guy spoke. "I am 100% clear."

"We will see about that." Fritz replied. He grabbed Matthias's file and give it a quick look. He already knew it perfectly, just like his friends' files. Word by word. "Which position?" The detective asked. That was not written on his files and he, as football lover, was curious to know.

"Centre-back." The boy replied proudly. "Number four."

"Oh, one of my favourite roles." The man commented. It was not a surprise, thou, he kinda already guessed by himself, based on the guy's build. He cleared his throat, time to go back to their business. "So, mr Neumayer, I heard you was Coraline's tutor, or whatever. Interesting."

"Yes, it started like that." Matthias replied with a shrug. "I guess it is a surprise to find out that I am that smart, innit?" He let out a bitter laugh. "A pretty face and a brilliant mind can get along, detective."

Oh, now Fritz was expecting another plot twist. What could it possibly be this time? From tutor to it couple? Yes, that was the most -and so far the only- possible reason. Pretty boy and pretty girl together, could it be more obvious?

"I never said that." The detective raised an eyebrow. "So I guess your relationship turned into something else at one point." He waited for the boy to nod before continuing. "Start telling me, mr Neumayer. I'm curious."