7

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Bury all of my things
Bury me in my skin
All that I've done.

Bury all of my thingsBury me in my skinAll that I've done

Munich, two weeks before

           It looked like a dream, an illusion, to have all her friends back with her, in the same room, acting like nothing happened, like good old times never stopped. A smile spead on Coraline's face, as she laid on the kitchen's door which led to her living room.

They really came for her, after everything, and they were not even asking her reasons. Not anymore, at least. Not that night.

For how much Coraline wanted to tell them, she knew it was way safer for them to not know the real truth. It was better for them to think she had a sugar daddy, or whatever, than to find out everything. She doubted they could have handled it, and she was damn sure they would have helped her, getting into that big mess her life turned into, and that was a something she wanted all the ways to avoid. They couldn't pay for the mistakes she made, continuously or not.

Because that mess became even bigger than her.

But that night, that moment, seemed that her mess was less bulky.

Coraline remembered how, before that damned February, they all had their nights in, a night where they all reunited at someone's flat, it was mostly on Wednesdays, and watched a film, or a tv show or football game, while eating not very healthy food -well, not everyone- and drinking lot of alcohol, and after then sharing their day stories and just complaining about life, which always ended up in laughters. And now it felt like one of those nights, with Kaspar and Matthias arguing on what they should watch on television, if an action movie or a 2. Bundesliga game, and the girls not even paying attention to the two boys, as they chatted and laughed.

Those moments tasted like a little piece of happiness, and Coraline missed them, and missed her friends.

But she had to do it.

There was no other way to keep them out her mess. They were all super smart, they would have survived what was coming next, she was sure of it.

Coraline was so lost in her thoughts that when Leonore laid a hand on her shoulder, the brunette almost jumped from where she was standing. "You scared me." She said, but she was not angry, and neither her tone of voice, instead, she sounded... sweet. Almost. A little smile formed on her face.

Leonore narrowed her light eyebrows, her blue eyes stuck on Coraline, as if they were trying to read inside her friend. She did not return the smile. "Are you sure you're good, Coraline?" The blonde asked, concer in her voice. "You've been acting paranoid all evening." She stated, leaning against the kitchen. "Seriously, what's wrong?"