Imposter

Welcome back guys!!

let's go into the story ;)

--------------------------

Dammit. She needed to come up with a suitable excuse for her anger. She couldn't tell him the whole story. But he'd know if she was lying. The last thing Suki needed was for Naruto to murder the Daimyo's son.

"I think that's enough pictures for the day. There's a food stand, that I'd like to check out," she says.

"Of course, My Lady," Eli waves his hand, as if giving her permission.

Suki restrains herself from rolling her eyes. She didn't need his permission for anything. She definitely was not his or a Lady.

A Lady was a noblewoman who lived a pampered, refined life. She pictured someone surrounded by silk kimonos, with ladies in waiting, and brushing their hair obsessively. A Lady wouldn't last two seconds on the battlefield.

Naruto looks at Eli. He wasn't sure what the Noble had done to set Suki off. He just knew that he had. But he recognized a cue when he saw one. He highly doubted that Suki was that eager to check out a food stand. She wasn't Choji.

"I'll go with you. Kinda hungry myself. Think they have ramen," he asks her casually.

"Do I think that they are selling the cheapest food in the universe at a food booth during a festival? Is Kakashi always late," she asks sarcastically.

Alright, maybe Suki was okay after all. She was back in sarcasm mode. This was something of a default mode for his lover, when things were normal.

"Great," he says, grabbing her hand, and leading the dark haired woman away from Eli.

"So what happened? I could feel he pissed you off," Naruto asks once they were out of earshot.

"He made a crack about my clan and the Leaf. It's fine though," she assures him.

"It didn't feel fine to me. But if you want me to drop it, I'll drop it," he states.

"I want you to drop it. We don't need to make an enemy out of someone that high up on the food chain," she replies.

"I guess not. But if does it again, I will kick his ass. His title won't protect him," Naruto promises.

"I suppose that's sweet in a caveman sort of way. But I can handle myself. I don't need you to protect me," Suki says as they come into view of the food stand.

"It's not about whether you need me to or not. I know you can handle yourself. It's about showing that I care," the blonde states and he gets some cotton candy.

"I know you care. You showed me that quite THOROUGHLY last night," she says slyly and gets some popcorn.

"You know that I know you are trying to change the subject, right," he asks.

"The bond does make it a little more difficult to be sneaky these days. I guess I'll just have to try harder," Suki says and wraps her arms around his neck.

Naruto gulps. There was something very suggestive about the way she had said harder. She wouldn't do anything in public, would she?

"Yes, yes she would. Raven fur has always been a dirty fighter. Now that she knows a new way to distract you, she'll use it to her advantage," Kurama states.

"That is so not fair," he pouts.

Suki pulls him down for a kiss. She knew that Eli was probably still watching. She wanted to make a statement. Back off I'm taken. That and she just liked kissing her lovable, dumb blonde.