5

Hope Is Not The Goal

</3

This morning Dr. Saltzman called another school meeting and to my surprise sheriff Donovan was here. I walked down the aisle and I was going to sit with the twins but we still haven't talked so I sat next to Hope. "Hey." She says and I smile. "Good morning." I whispered back. I miss hanging out with the twins but spending time with Hope has been pretty great and my crush grows by the hour. Oh and speaking of crushes Landon and Rafael are back so now Hope is in a mood.

"Given our recent influx of monsters, sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Alaric says and moves aside. "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying , local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoleraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Matt says and hands pictures to the students.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst." Alaric says. I was handed the picture but I pass it along with out a glance because I already know what they look like. "Now I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to mystic falls high under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations with our schools, which unfortunately is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spell, because any information we can get will make all the difference." Alaric says.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that is what heroes do." Lizzie says standing up in front of the room. "So.. I volunteer as tribute." Lizzie says before sitting down and I just shake my head. "She battles one gargoyle and suddenly, she's Mother Teresa." Hope says and I snort. "I'm in." Kaleb stands and MG does the same so I look at Hope and stand up. "Beats being here." I shrugged and Hope stands up. "I'd like to help." Hope says and I smile at her.

-

I changed my outfit before our group headed to Mystic Fall High. Alaric made Landon come along with us so it was a very long and awkward ride here. The time I spent with Hope has made my six grade crush grow and I felt like Hope might like me back and now Landon is back and I can tell it's affecting her. We walk off the bus and the mystic high students look our way and their faces turn but I pay them no mind. Landon walks into Lizzie making the meat heads laugh. "I was making an entrance , mophead." Lizzie said and I smile into my hand. "Sorry, I just had a..a flash back to my freshman year here." He says.

"Girls are missing, so get your wedges trauma in check or leave." Lizzie says. "There's a lovely bus stop down the street." I fake smiled. "He's fine now. Let it go." Hope says and Lizzie rolls her eyes. "Okay, here's the deal. Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you went here. Amara, use your cheer status to get information from the jocks. Hope, you try to not deliberately alienate the entire student body while the rest of us save the world." Lizzie says and We all roll our eyes. "This isn't a contest, Lizzie." Hope says. "You're right. It's a mission, for a hero and her league of... whatevers." Lizzie says.

"Yeah...screw that. I work alone." Kaleb said before walking away. "MG, I need your compulsion skills. Would you like to be the Robin to my batwoman?" Lizzie asked and I snort. "Actually, Batwoman doesn't have a Robin." MG says and Lizzie rolls her eyes and pulls him along with her. After a awkward minute between us three, Hope grabs my hand and pulls me along but I don't mind.

-

Landon ended up following us and telling us everywhere he's been beat up. It was honestly depressing. "This is the senior hallway, where I spent much of formative years stuffed in every locker...except this on." He says hitting a locker and I rolled my eyes. "That one doesn't open. On your left. You'll find the bathroom. Where I had my first kiss with a toilet." He said and Hope stops. "I'm sorry. Is the fact that I'm not openly hostile to you make it seems like we're back to being friends?" She asked before continuing walking and Landon looks at me. "Don't look at me for sympathy, mophead." I say and follow Hope.

"Uh, sorry. Just, I was going for effortlessly natural. But this is all just making me really nervous. Like, the school and seeing Connor and being with you..." He said and I frowned my brows. "Shouldn't you be talking to anyone you know?" I asked, jealously in my voice. "That's easier said than done. There is no way Dana's clique is talking to me. Unless you have a spell that will make me retroactivity cool." He said. "Well, we'll talk to them, then." Hope says.

"It's even worse for you guys. Trust me. You have no idea how human high schools work. You're the new girls. Might as well be radioactive." He said and we both glare at him. "I'm sorry. You guys look traumatized. Is this loser bothering you?" A cheerleader asked. "He's keeps trying to get us to buy his max tapes." Hope says and I laugh. "Gross. Well we're going to lunch. You hungry?" She asked and I smile. "Famished." I said linking arms with the girl like Hope and we walk away from Landon.

-

We walked back down the hallway after lunch and talking to Cheryl. "You look so cute with your cat ears." I say and she looks at me smiles, I see her cheeks grow red. "Shut up." She laughs before we see Landon. "Hey." She says and he jumps which makes Hope roll her eyes and me smile. "Let me guess. Pigtails spilled her guts and confessed to kidnapping Dana and Sasha Case closed." He said. "Her name is Cheryl and not exactly but she did invite us to try out for the cheerleading team." Hope smiled. " I would look so good in their uniform." I say and Hope nods, making me blush a little. I knew she liked me in my skirt.

"Who are you right now? And what is that thing on your head?" He asked. "It's a gift.. from Cheryl." Hope said touching her cat ears. "You're better than this, Hope." Landon said. "Relax, Eeyore. Dana gave it to her." I said and Landon looked confused. "It's potential locator spell material. Plus even through Sasha and Connor are dating, Dana was sleeping with him behind her back." Hope says. "Yeah some clue. Everyone at this school knows Connor's a dick." He said. "Come on, Landon. Adultery, missing girls..." Hope says. "It's like every tv show that old people watch. A "crime of passion," I think they call it." I said.

"I know Connor. He's made my life a live hell, but he's not a killer. Trust me." He says and I scoff. "Trust you? Are you serious?" I asked. "Trusting you is what got us into this mess in the first place." Hope said and Landon looks taken back. "Look. There he is."I point behind Landon and he turns around. "So do you want to play good cop or bad cop? And emo cope isn't a thing." Hope said and I laughed. "I'll be good cop, your hot when your mean." I say and she smiled and looks away. "Very funny. But while you were off making friends I did some sleuthing of my own." He said and pointed at a girl. "Scarf in Virginia heat? Sounds like a lead, I think they call it." He said and Hope rolls her eyes and follows the girl. "Don't get cute I can't still ripe your throat out...with my teeth. " I said beg walking pass him and following after Hope.

TIKTOK: mywattpadworld11