21

-There's a Mummy on Main Street-

This morning Alaric thought it was a good idea to cram a bunch a teens in a stuffy van to hunt down monsters on our spring break. If you think it didn't take a whole lot of ass kissing from Hope and the twin to get me come , your wrong. Speaking of Hope, we kissed and I've been over the moon ever since. We planned to talk more about our relationship after this little adventure, so I was wishing to get this over with fast and easy. I sat in between Josie and Hope with Lizzie crammed next her and the window. Dorian and Emma had sat in the back with each other.

"Dr. Saltzman, this van is very...white of you." Kaleb mocked making me chuckled. "It's retro." Dr. Saltzman replied. "It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie said making me laugh out loud. "God, Liz, tell us how you really feel."I said and Josie giggle along with me. "I brought snacks." Hope said passing over the bag. "Here I got your favorite." Hope said and I smiled at the original pack of Starburst before taking grabbing the candy from her hand. "Actually her favorite candy is Sour Patch kids, the watermelon kind." Josie said correcting Hope and my eyes slightly widen and Hope smile faded. "It's fine, it's just candy. Thank you." I said to Hope and she nodded before handing the bag to Lizzie. I sat back awkwardly and Jo laid her head on my shoulder as I opened my chips.

"Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way into our trip?" Lizzie said and I rolled my eyes playfully. "Like om gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?" She asked sarcastically.  "I would've thought you wanted to spend break canoodling with your hipster boyfriend." Lizzie said and I trun to Hope as she scoff. "Firstly he's not my boyfriend anymore secondly I'm sorry for wanting to protect  the outside world from my mistakes. You know, there's currently an urn on a river curse spreading across America because I thought a unicorn was cute. Its called accountability." Hope said argued back as Jo put on her ear phone and I just lean my head on her shoulder while those two continued. "Maybe there's a bracelet for it." Hope says with sass dripping from her tone.

Kaleb cringed at the harsh come back and smiled amuse by their argument.  "Or maybe you just wanted to ruin yet another Saltzman spring break." Lizzie said. "Oh come on, like monster hunting is a everyday spring break activity. " I scoffed as Hope glared at Lizzie. "When have I ever ruined a spring break?" She asked and Dr. Saltzman cut in before Lizzie could respond. "Girls? We're gonna be in this classic automobile foe six hours, all right? So, no bickering." Dr. Saltzman says. "It would be help if it weren't a thousand degrees in here. I'm burning up." Hope says fanning herself with her hand. "Your burning up. Now, that's ironic." Lizzie scoffed and I shake my head.

"What does that even mean?" Hope asked completely confused and honestly I was too. "Don't play dumb. I see you. I see right through you." She said and Hope scoffed. "I don't know what you're talking about. What happened to playing nice?" Hope asked as lizzie rolls her eyes. "Over. Done. I'm getting back to me. I am who I am. Right, Josie?" She asked her sister who was looking out the window paying us no mind. I nudged her and she turned around and pulled her ear pieces out to listen. "Sorry?" Jo say leaning over to hear her sister.

"Josie, you cannot leave me alone with just her for company." Lizzie says making me scoff. "I'm here too." I said and she rolled her eyes. "You don't count, you always fall asleep." She said before turning to Jo, who shrugged. "Well, I get carsick if I don't listen to music." Jo said putting her music back to her ear ans lizzie gasped dramatically before reaching over and grabbing at Jo.

All four of us started arguing and pull pushing each other till Dr. Saltzman stepped in once again. "Girls! Girls! There's no reason to be tense or awkward,  okay? Now knock it off." He said and we all pulled ourselves together and sat back. "We're gonna get through this together. God help us all." He says muttering the last part. "Woot, Road trip!" Kaleb mocked in the silence. 

-

I woke up from Hope's shoulder when Alaric dropped us off in town and we're supposed to be asking the people around here if they've seen anything. "Fun fact: this town has the biggest ball of yarn in the country." Josie says with a smile as she walked towards us three. I couldn't help but think her excitement was adorable. "And nobody's seen anything strange. "This isn't exactly a hotspot of activity. Our hopes of finding anything are going up in smoke." Lizzie said passive-aggressively making Hope turn around to face her with glare. "And here we go." I sighed.

"Wait, are you referring to that fire in my old dorm room three years ago?" Hope asked in disbelief. I was so upset when that fire happened because me and hope were roommates and my crush on her was fresh, so imagine my frustration when we were placed in separate rooms afterwards. "You mean the one you set on purpose to sabotage our spring break trip with our dad? No, Hope. Why would I talk about that?" Lizzie says and Hope scoffed. "Dude, you've lost it." Hope says. "The only thing that we lost was a week of quality family time." Lizzie says standing up.

"Dad had to cancel the trip to deal with the damage. So mission accomplished." She says. "Oh, come on. I told you that's not what happened." I said and Josie stepped in. "You guys are just talking about ancient history. Ow!" She said before swatting at her arm. "Something stung me." Josie said showing us her arm and we all cringed. "Ew. Gross." Hope and Lizzie groaned as I gaged. "That...that not right." I said into my hand. My head snapped up when I heard a low buzzing in my ear. "Wait, I hear something." I said turning the attention to me. "What is it?" Hope asked as the buzzing got louder. "I don't know but it's sounds like bees or something." I said and my eyes then widen when I looked up and seen where the buzzing was coming from.

"This is plague-y right? It seems plague-y." Hope says and I nodded as the people around us started screaming and running away. "It's plague-y." Josie agrees plainly. "At least we know we're in the right place." I said trying to find a bright side but I was only given glares in response before we ran inside a book store and hide till the bugs suddenly died. When we walked out of the store I cringed as I stepped over all the bugs. "We need to find your dad." Hope says. "This way." Hopesaid walking ahead with Josie and i behind her. "Does this way take us past the fire station?" Lizzie said and I roll my eyes. "Oh get over yourself, we barely survived a biblical plague." I said having enough of this stupid agreement and Lizzie scoffed. "Of course, your on her side." She said. "For the last time, I didn't start that fire and I've never ruined a spring break." Hope said in frustration.

"Yeah, lizzie, nows not the time." Josie said and I could practically hear the nervousness in her voice and I wondered what about. "Fifth grade. You callously gave me the flue while we were building our float for witch week. With global warming, I may never see the Florida keys. That's on you." Lizzie says and Hope rolls her eye. "We built it with Alyssa Chang, who had pneumonia over spring break. It wasn't me, ans neither was that fire." Hope said. "Why did i see you giving us a death glare through the window?" Lizzie asked.

"Oh my god, I love you Liz but you can't blame everything bad on her, it's getting ridiculous." I said in a annoyed tone and before she could respond, Josie got our attention. "There's a boil on my boil." She said and I gaged once I looked at it. "Oh, God! Ew! It's huge!" Lizzie, Hope and I all cringed at her boil on her arm. "I think i'm gonna be sick again." Josie says and I hold her up when she leaned back into me. "Pick up the pace, Mikaelson. My sister needs.."Lizzie snapped her fingers at Hope before walking ahead but then paused suddenly as all hell broke lose.