13

Maybe I Should Start From The Ending

<3

I open my eyes and cringe at the light in my eyes, I look over and see Landon and Dr. Saltzman laying beside me. What the happened? I carefully sit up and I see Hope looking over her shoulder at me. I looked around and I can't remember how we got here. Alaric and Landon start to wake as I stand up and walk next to Hope, looking at the big hole in the ground in front of us and it was clear something had blown up. "Where the hell are we?" Landon asked getting up off the ground along with Dr. Slatzman. "What the hell happened?" I asked. "I don't know. But I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." Alaric says.

-

"Amara. Amara, get up." I jump up feeling myself being nudge and when my eyes were finally adjust to my lamp light I seen it was Hope. "Oh, what do you want now?" I groaned, I would do anything for Hope Mikaelson but does it really have to be in the middle of the night, I'm so tired. "Landon's in trouble and I need your help." She said and I crossed my arms and leaned back on my headboard.

"You want me to get up in the middle of the night... to save your boyfriend." I asked and Hope sighs and nods. "Yes , and he's not my boyfriend." She says. "Then why do you care?" I asked. "Because he's my friend and he needs my help, please Mar." Hope begged grabbing my hand and giving me the puppy dog eyes. I huffed and throw the covers off my lap and she smiled. "One of these days that is not going to work anymore." I said over my shoulder and she rolled her eyes playfully as I walked into my bathroom.

-

We snuck down the stairs and was able to steal the car key, it was honestly to good to be true and I was right. "Going somewhere?" Dr. Saltzman asks from behind us. We stopped and looked at each other before turning around and facing Alaric. "Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?" He asked. "Um, you know," Hope says before looking at me. "Uh, we were going to make out.." I said nervously but it was obvious he knew I was lying.

"I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering." Hope says and I smile and nod. "At 3:00 a.m.? Hope, you don't have a driver's license." He said. "But I do." I said and he glared at me making me look down. "You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begins, and you've made it very clear to me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you two this very second?" He asked.

"Because you know what you said to her in that office was just as hurtful as what she said to you and I know your not going to hold it against her. Plus I have Caroline's number." I said crossing my arms. She stepped next to me and held up her wrist showing a bracelet. "And what is that?" He asked. "It's basically a supernatural compass." Hope says. "Well, I hope it's pointing you to your rooms cause that's where your going." He said. "We're going after Landon. If this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble." She said. "So are you helping us or not?" I asked and he sighs. "I'm driving." He said and I smiled.

-

"Indiana." Dr. Slatzman sings as we passed the sign. "Crossroads of America. What's the capital?" He asked and i rolled my eyes. "We learned that in, like, eight grade." Hope said. "Oh, good, then you should know it." He said. "I didn't say I absorbed the information." Hope said and I laughed slightly. "Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Either of you. Look, if you can't handle grade school geography you're gonna flunk all your exams."Alaric says. "Are Lizzie and Josie studying? Maybe you should focus on them." Hope said and I sighed.

They have been bickering since we sat in the car. "Yeah, well, they're still in Europe with Caroline, thank god." He said. "Religion has no place in the classroom, Dr. Saltzman. The Supreme Court made sure of that." I said. "And Indianapolis is the Capital of Indiana. We're getting an A in geography. Chill." Hope said before looking down at her wrist. "Take the next left. He's on the move." She said. "All right. Indiana is surrounded by what four states?" Dr. Saltzman asked and I groaned. "How about instead we play the quiet game, we'll start first." I said leaning back and closing my eyes and Hope laughs quietly.

-

Eighteen hours is a long time to spend on the road, and even longer when you're being car-schooled. "And that is how osmosis works." He says. "I could have lived without knowing that, trust me." I muttered. "Is this the place?" He asked and I look over at Hope. "Yup. And not a moment too soon. Pretty sure you were about to tell me how babies are made." Hope said. "Please don't." I say to him before turning to the door . "Hey before we go in there, I just want to make sure we're clear." He said. "Don't worry, we're crystal. Your professor X and I'm Wolverine." Hope says. "Can I be storm." I asked. "Of course." Hope says and I smiled.

"I was more of a Dc kid." Alaric says. Of course he was. "Then your Batman and we're Robin. Either way, you call the shots. So how you want to do this? Fireball? Wind torrent?" Hope asked. "I was thinking we'd knock." He said and rolled my eyes. "They'll never see that coming." I said sarcastically before getting out the car. We walked up to the door and Alaric looked around the house. "We should come in hot. There could be a Jabberwocky on the other side of that door for all we know." Hope said.

"Nonsensical poem written by?" He asked. "Charles Dodgson."Hope says. "Wrong. Lewis Carroll." He said. "The pen Name of Charles Dodgson. Can we get a move on it now?" I asked feeling very annoyed at the moment. I don't want to spend my whole day finding my crush's boyfriend. We here a man screaming from the inside making Hope's instincts kick in. "Patere." Hope says and the door falls down. I push pass Dr.Saltzman and walked in behind Hope.

My eyes widen when I see an old couple just trying to enjoy their TV dinners. "Hi. Uh, what-what are you watching?" Hope asked and Ric stumbled in. "I'm so sorry that we've ruined your lunch. I promise we're gonna replace your door." He said loudly. "That's some compass. We're in the wrong place." I whispered to Hope and she looked down at her wrist before kneeling down by the door and pulling out the watch from their mailbox. "Someone knew we were coming." She said before stomping out. I sighed and looked back at the old could and smiled sweetly.

-

Hope used Landon's bracelet to do a locator spell to help find again. Ric stopped the car when we approached people blocking off the road. "Can I help you?" The construction man asked. "Yeah, I hope so. Uh..say what's going on here?" Alaric asked. "Gas leak. Don't worry, though, we have it under control. You wouldn't happen to know who lives here , would you? We tried knocking, but no one's home."He said. "Um, we're looking for the.." Hope starts to say but Alaric cuts her off. "The highway." He says and Hope looked at me and I shrugged.

"See, we're lost and we...well, we saw you guys and we thought we'd ask for directions." Alaric says and I go along with it and nod. "Yeah, at the end of the road, you make a right. Can't miss it." The man said. "Cool. Thanks. All right, let's go, Jessica.. Margaret." He said awkwardly walking back to the car and I cringe at the name before following him. Once we got in the car I leaned forward and turn my head to Dr. Saltzman.  "Jessica? Really?" Hope asked.

"At least he didn't name you Margaret." I glared and he rolled his eyes before I sat back. "I've been part of enough cover-ups to smell one a mile away." Ric said. "Do you think they're after Landon?" Hope asked. "Well, all I know is they wouldn't have asked about him if they had him, so..we gotta find him before they do." He said before driving off.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11