14

Maybe I Should Start From The Ending

<3

We tracked Landon down to some musty motel and I have never been more ready for a mission to be over. When we got to the door Dr. Saltzman picked the locked and walked in, Hope tried to follow but I held her against the wall with me. "Uh, I'm looking for Landon Kirby." He said kindly.

"And who the hell are you." The woman said not so kindly and Hope left my grip before magically taking the gun form the lady and then I sped  around her twisting her arms behind her back. "People who care about him. So tell me where his is before I blow your head off." Hope threatened and I smirk. God she's so hot, I'd probably let her shoot me. "You must be Hope." The lady said and I let go of her when Landon walks out of the bathroom.

I stepped next to Hope while Alaric looked out the windows. "So you're the headmaster of a private school for the supernaturals. And you two are the teacher's pets?" She asked and I scoffed. "Actually, they're kind of a pain in my ass." Ric said and I rolled my eyes. "Little judgy for an absentee mother." Hope said and I snort.

"You were wrong, I like her."Seylah says. "Well, now you know about us. All we know about you is that you gave birth to Landon , he says a monster attacked you, and now there's some sort of fake gas company coming after you two. So, I think it's time you start filling in some blanks." Ric says and Seylah sighed and sat on the second bed across from Landon.

"When I finished my service in the army, I was recruited by an intelligence organization. The States sounded like a better life. I didn't know what I was signing up for, but soon I learned that things like you exist in this world. My job was very much like yours. To keep the supernatural world a secret. Whenever a monster went bump in the night and risked exposing the truth, I tracked it down and brought it back to headquarters." She said and I stepped up.

"We're not monsters." I said. "You are to me." She said making me roll my eyes. "This headquarters, where is it?" Ric asked. "Sorry. You just seem morally inclined enough to do something stupid, and there's too much blood on my hands as it is." She said. "And we're the monsters?" I asked but she ignores me and continues.

"A few years in, I saw something I shouldn't. I became the hunted instead of the hunter." She said and me and Hope took a a seat on the bed. "What exactly did you see?" Ric asked. "I wanted to know what was happening to the monsters. Because even though I spent all that time studying their every move, I couldn't remember them at all. So I started taking notes. I realized my memory was being erased. The question was how." She said and I knew the answer. "Malivore." Alaric says and she looks at him.

"How do you know about Malivore?" She asked. "Landon took a knife that belonged to our school's collection. Now monsters that shouldn't exist have been coming after it ever since." He said. "He means I stole it. And then I, like, woke it up or something. What's Malivore?" Landon asked. "It's a hell dimension that consumes creatures and wipes their existence from the collective conscience." Hope says. "Sound about right?" I asked Seylah. "More or less." She says. "Awesome." Landon says.

"The last monster that came for the knife was a Necromancer who screwed us over and returned it back to Malivore." Hope said and Landon looked at us shocked. "Long story." I said. "But he said that the knife is one of three keys that kept Malivore contained, so why are monsters still coming for you?" Hope asked him. "I have no idea. Didn't really get a chance to ask the last one. He just tried to eat me." Landon said. "As you can see, it's been a rough semester." Ric said. "No kidding." I said. "It will only get worse. If you don't go home and forget you heard the name. Just like we forget anyone who's ever been there." She says before stand up off the bed.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. You have to tell us more. I mean..."Landon says but pauses. " I don't know who your father is. My job was stressful, so I had flings to blow off steam. Got pregnant, and just like your not-girlfriend said, I'm not equipped to be a mother. Sorry. I thought I was giving you a better life." She says and leaves and Alaric follows her. Landon stands up and walks into the bathroom before either of us could say anything.

-

Hope, Landon and I got comfortable waiting for Dr. Saltzman and Landon's mother to get back. I laid my head on Hope's lap and Landon sitting on the second bed across from us. "Landon, I'm really sorry." Hope said running her fingers in my hair nervously before I sat up. "Yeah, me too." I say. "Don't be. It'll be okay." He sighed. "You can't trust her." Hope said.

"I don't. But she's my mother, Hope. All I've ever wanted is a family. A home. So I'm not gonna give up on her just cause she's a little screwed up. That would be pretty hypocritical." He said. "You're not that screwed up." I said and he looks up at me and i smile. "I hate that you guys always see me when I'm weak." He said and Hope sits next to him. "You're not weak. You're a survivor." Hope says and he shakes his head. "Landon that makes you one of the strongest people that we know." I said and Hope nods.

"I'm starting to think I'm a bit of a danger magnet." Landon says. "I'm starting to think your right." Hope laughs slightly. "I didn't mean to bring all this into you life. I'm sorry I ever walked into it" he says. "I'm not." Hope says and he smiles. "Hope, Amara uh, get another room. Now." Dr. Saltzman said after  running in the making us all jump. "Why?" I asked. "You're the one that's always sayings connect with people." Hope said. "Do it another time. Out!" He said and Hope grabs my wrist and stomps out.

-

Me and Hope walked around after getting kicked out of our room. "I wonder what the hell that was about." I say. "I have no idea." She said and I hear a car door opening from the parking lot making me turn my head. "Is that Seylah?" I asked and Hope look and scoff before we walked over. "Let me guess. Pizza run?" Hope asked once we got closer. "Alaric was right. You are a pain." She said.

"And clearly your a dead beat." I said and she turns to us. "And we're not the ones stealing a car at the moment." Hope said. "It's my car, so it's not stealing." She said and I scoffed. "Right, so you're just afraid to go upstairs and get your keys because then you'd have to tell Landon that you're abandoning him again." Hope said. "You at least have to say goodbye." I said watching her get into the car. "He likes you Hope. Be good to him." She said and I wanted to gag at the thought of them but I managed to keep a straight face. "You first." Hope said.

"Now, are you coming with, or do I need to to drag your ass upstairs?" I asked. "I never thought I'd see him again. And I was okay with that. Being a mother was never on my list of thing to do befor I died. Every now and then, over the years, I... I wonder how he was. What kind of person he turned out to be. If he has a nice life. Turns out he's a good person with a crappy life. He deserves better." She says. "Then help make it better." Hope said.

"That's exactly what I'm doing." She said and started the car. "What you think you're doing for him doesn't matter. All that he's gonna remember of you is that you abandoned him when he needed you the most. Trust me I know." I said. "No. He won't remember me, period. And neither will you." She said before she pulled out a tranquilizer gun to shoot me but before she did Hope pushed me behind her and the dart hit her in the neck. "Oh my god, Hope." I shout as she falls back in my arms and when I looked back up Seylah was driving off.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11