Cats and Dogs

((Request for SapphireSnowQueen . I hope you like it. Also yes, Jasper's dog does have a name, Peridot always refers to it as 'dog' though since his name is Perry. Making sure there's no confusion. Human Jaspidot ftw, and enjoy! ^^))

Peridot's POV

"Please don't tell me I have to actually walk that thing..."

I stared at the St. Bernard Jasper had gotten a few months ago, and in that span the demon had grown to be about to my hips in height. It was freaking me out. Jasper smiled at me.

"Come on Peri, he's not gonna hurt you. He's a good dog." She said, giving me a slight smile.

I groaned and shook my head.

"No no no NO! The last time I walked him he got mud all over me!" I snapped, turning away from the larger girl.

Jasper walked up and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me in close.

"Peri..."

"No."

"Please?"

"NO."

"Peridot come on! I do a lot of stuff for you, you can do this thing for me!"

"You don't do the dishes..." I grumbled.

I pulled away from her and gave her a glare.

"Alright fine, I'll walk your demon spawn." I snapped, yanking the leash out of her hands.

Jasper's face brightened up and she smiled.

"Yay, thanks Peri!" She purred, kissing my head.

I grumbled as I walked out of the small dorm with the dog on my heels.

"'Oh he's not gonna hurt you, he's a good dog Peri! You'll do fine Peri!'" I mocked Jasper's voice as I walked out onto the sidewalk, "Not gonna hurt me my ass! This dog is evil and she knows it! God why couldn't we have gotten a cat?!"

As we walked I stopped suddenly, causing the dog to stop and let out a whine. I grinned and smiled at the dog.

"I'm a genius!! Hey, do you want a friend? Yeah you do, come on let's go get you a friend!!" I said, running towards the nearest pet store with the dog on my heels.

Jasper's POV

I looked at the mound of dishes. It wasn't that bad, but I never did the dishes so seeing the giant mound of dirty dishes made my stomach churn.

Wow... How does Peridot do all this...? I thought, running a hand through my wild mane of blonde hair.

I grabbed some latex gloves and put them on. I sighed and pulled my hair back, trying to get it into a ponytail.

"Alright, time to tackle this mess of dishes..." I said, taking a step toward the counter.

Before I could reach the counter, the door opened and Peridot walked in. I gasped happily and turned to face her.

"Peri you're home!!" I exclaimed, throwing my gloves off and running up to her.

She unhooked Perry, my dog's name, leash from his collar and smiled at me.

"I'm home, and I brought home something." She said.

I gasped and bounced slightly.

"Is it for me?"

"Nope, not really. I'm sure you're gonna love her though!"

I blinked in surprise.

"Her?" I asked in confusion, tipping my head to the side.

Peridot set a box down and opened it. A small orange tabby cat hopped out of the box and mewled at me. I gasped and looked at her.

"Peridot you got a cat?!" I exclaimed.

She smiled at me.

"Yep. You got a dog without asking my permission so I decided to get a cat." She said, giving me a sly smile.

I just stared at her and looked at Perry, who was eyeing the cat. I was slightly nervous that he'd find the new cat a plaything and decide to chew on it. Peridot seemed to share my concern and she glared at Perry.

"Stay away from my cat." She snapped, picking the small tabby up.

I looked at Peridot and smiled weakly.

"Heh... We're not keeping it, are we?"

"Of course we are. You got to keep your dog, we're keeping my cat."

I sighed. I knew she wasn't going to give that cat up, much to my dismay. I smiled and put my arm around her smiling.

"Alright we can keep him... What are you gonna call him?"

"I'm thinking on... Jasper."

I stared at her.

"You're not naming a cat after me!" I exclaimed.

"You named a dog after me so I can name a cat after you. It's fair." She said, giving me a smile.

I chuckled and pulled her closer to me, kissing her head.

"Ok fine... I'll let you keep the cat I guess. Now... There's an issue that I need to talk to you about..."

"You haven't done the dishes yet, haven't you?"

"Heh... Well I was going to but..."

"Oh Jasper... You're hopeless..."

"Heh... Yeah, I know. I love you Peri..."

"Love you too Jasper."

End~ (I hope you liked their dorkiness. ^^)