Chapter 8: Morning after the storm

Netherlands POV

Sleeping over night, I already feel a lot better and calmer than yesterday. VOC stayed with me over the night to give comfort, and it worked well. Honesty despite all, I'm a light hearted person- I feel like nothing happened, despite all the stress with fixing A,es relationship with Indo and I got myself involved into that even tho I like Indo too.

.
So that's good. As I get up- a little tired, but in a usual good mood like every other morning, a certain someone gives me a ghostly hug. VOC. I can't see his face, but I can tell he's still worried. Now how to convince him that I'm fine.
„Are you sure you're okay? Maybe you'll take another day off and stay inside?" he asks, hesitating to speak of yesterday. I gently shake my head, smiling.
„Nah, I need to see some sun. You see- it's sunny outside, a really good day, and I am, don't worry- it all just took me by surprise. I just hope the others aren't too worried about me." I admit. I shrug VOC, being still worried, off, get dressed and enter the main room of our house to make breakfast- as usual. What to do first? Boiling water for tea and eggs maybe. Then I remember something: right I need to get some eggs, we pretty much ate all yesterday for lunch. Well- tea is for later then I believe. I write a note for my siblings, then get a basket- counting to list the ingredients in my head. Eh- I could get milk and buns as well- maybe Jam too? Belgie shoves strawberry jam without hesitation in herself so we need more supplies.. Spain should still have some I believe.. Maybe I'll stop at MalPhilIndos house too. I quietly walk around the house to get out.

„Where are you going?" I suddenly hear VOCs voice again. OH SH- I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT HIM! I jump away from him, startled.
„HUH!"
„Sorry, you baby." VOC scoffs softly, clearly mocking me. Again. He does stuf like that every morning. But what can you say? We are brothers after all- so I suppose that it is normal. I shake my head and clear my throat.
„I'm going to get some food for us." I then reply to his question, starting to walk towards the front gate.
„I see, and what am I supposed to do then? You can't just leave. I can't have my mocking-you-morning without you being present!" He complains. I sigh, suppressing a giggle.
„You'll survive a not mocking-me-morning." I joke, reaching the front gate. My twin scoffs again, and I turn to him. He then cracks a smile and laughs.
„I guess I will, see you later brother. Take care." He gives in, waves, and floats back to the house. I smile after him and leave the garden, walking the path down to Germanys backery. Not even being there, I already smell fresh bread and buns, watering my mouth. Oh yes, that's the good stuff. Upon reaching the door- it was opened. I stop moving. Paris walks out. Ah yes- the French capital, a conceited one, just like the country. Our eyes meet, and I expect the usual look you'd expect from someone constantly thinking they're better than you- but instant, there only is surprise and worry?

„Pays-Bas, are you alright after what happened? I heard it from France." He speaks. I blink at him, dumbfounded. Huh? What does he mean? Did I do anything that even Paris worries? I didn't even see France for a week or two- so where did he get that from? Where did he get what from??
„And.. where did France get this ‚Information' from?" I start question slowly with hesitation, still confused. Paris stepped over to me, leaning against my shoulder. Many people do that- I don't mind.
„So?"
„Well- he heard it from Spain. Spain heard it from Hungary. Hungary from Egypt, Egypt from Alaska. And Alaska learned it from Canada, he heard it from his brother New Zealand, who got it from Japan. Japan heard it from South Korea and South Korea was listening to Vietnam complaining about it. Vietnam said he got it from the Philippines who heard it from Luxembourg." Paris states. My brain take a few seconds to progress the words of his- It was a little hard with the thick French accent. Then it made click. OH HE MEANS YESTERDAY! And Lux told a few people about the worry..

..and it spread faster than wildfire. Why am I even so surprised?

Man, this is embarrassing. I don't want to be seen as crybaby, but as a good friend to everyone. That can't be done when cried. Dad always said that. I shake my head.
„I'm good no worries, not sure what came over me." I laugh it off chuckling, which got stuck in my throat seeing Paris look in his eyes. Then he takes a good few meters distance.
„Alright I have wasted enough time with this already- my family is waiting for me. Fare well." He the announces- going back to his usually self. I giggle a little.
„Sure thing Paris, greet them from me." I wave back, but Paris is already gone. Oh well. I shrug and enter the bakery. I immediately spot Germany and state of his talking at the corner. The moment I enter, the state leaves to the back. Germany turns to me.

„Morning Nieder. How are you? Do you feel okay after yesterday? One of my states heard it from Spains provinces." He asks, and now I simply give him a glare. Oh come on it's not that big of a topic. I point my hand at him, symboling distance.
„Duitsland, I'm perfectly fine, you don't need to worry." I say loudly and clearly, not awaiting a response to that. Germany stares at me for a second.. and nods.
„Alright.. we are just worried for you. Glad you're okay. So what can I get you?" He says, putting on a gentle smile. I hesitate for a split second, looking at him and return the smile. We two chat a little, as good friends do, I get bread, buns and some sweet things for later.

As I had gotten everything I left the bakery, humming. One thing down the list, a few more to go. Walking down the path, suddenly someone called out to me.
„Belanda- I mean Netherlands!" a male voice yelled, freezing my walking in place. Oh dear. What does everyone want from me today?? Recognizing my own name in a certain language, I turn my head to see the person I expected. Indonesia. Well that's strange. Isn't Indo a person that likes sleeping in- or am I wrong? Not sure right here.

„Indonesia? What brings you here?" I ask, silently hoping he wouldn't ask about yesterday like everyone else I have met today. But then he is basically source of the problems-
„I woke up early and went outside. Felt like it. And you?" He answers, questioning back. I tilt my head at him.
„I'm just getting some food."
„You mind if I join on the walk?" Indo requests. I inhale, hesitating for a split second. But also- then again, I'm still crushing on him so-
„Not at all!" I reply with a smile, internally slightly panicking inside.

We walk next to each other down the street, in comfortable silence, my heart racing a little. So I simply stare ahead of me to not look at Indonesia the entire time. A difficult task. There is an unspoken tension, which Indo soon breaks, starting smalltalk.
„So how is it going?"
„Huh?"
„How are you? Your siblings? Your garden?" he continues. I- again dumbfounded- finally look down to him. Indo notices, and looks back, tilting his head.
„I just want to talk to you a little to make this trip more entertaining for the both of us. Sorry if I'm coming off as pushy and weird." he awkwardly smiles at me. I turn my head back to looking straight forward before I had a chance of blushing in any way. That is so sweet of him- MY HEART is melting. I blink and clear my throat: ready to respond.

„No- it is okay. That's pretty nice of you. I'm the usual good, happy to see you actually." the last part slips out of my mouth without my consent. Aw shi-
„Really? Is it because you alway happy to see your friends?"
„Y-Yeah, with every single one." I stutter. God thing Indo gave me an opportunity to safe myself. As said. Yes I like him, but flirting will not be an action because 1: I'm pretty awkward with that thing and 2: I can't help Ame to get back together with him if I try getting the country for myself. And Ame is a good friend- he comes first! But I mean.. if Indo doesn't want to.. maybe I have a chance.
„That is pretty sweet of you you know." Indo replies, smiling hearable. On that happy tone of his I feel my cheeks heating up a little. Oh god.
„It is. The garden is beginning to bloom too, my siblings are still sleeping. What about you?" I report, switching the topic.

„Oh well, we saw Lux and Monaco in the rain yesterday. It was quiet hilarious." the southeast Asian country says. Oh right- Lux went out yesterday. And it WAS raining. The imagination at this scene makes me chuckle, loud enough for Indo to hear it, and he seems amused to.

You know that I now know that Lux and Monaco went to The MalPhilIndo, because Indo knows and the from Paris I know that the chain reaches back to Lux telling Philippines. I mentally sigh and shrug it off. But maybe I am inviting Indonesia to the garden to talk with him about Americas request. I wonder how this will go.

We chat for a while longer while I get the groceries. I was asked from other countries about yesterday- but to my surprise Indo didn't even drop his smile, reacted or asked about it as well. It's a surprise, but a welcome one. After we were done and on our way back, I inhaled.

„Indo, would you like to come over for breakfast? I need to talk to you later."

„Hm? Sure."

.
.
I lead Indo back to my house. My twin notices me first and very soon, I guess he had waited for me. Sweet of him, but also childish. He floats over, waves for a greeting and seems amused since I have brought a certain SOMEONE as guest. I just give him an annoyed, deadly glare. VOC looks up, and actually freezes.
I look at him, suddenly uncomfortable. Did my glare hurt him that much or-
Before I finish VOC shrieks, making me flinch, shocked as well.

PKI?!"

—————————————————————————
Words: 1830