Chapter 9: Two ghosts

Indonesias POV

VOC?!" I hear PKI yell. I glare at him, surprised. But I get even more surprised as I notice Neth from the corner of my eyes being shocked to his core and back. My brain quickly concludes what is going on. PKI yelled VOCs name. VOC was Netherlands twin, and the oldest of the family of the BeNeLux, but he has died ages ago too, and PKI seeing him means that he seems to be there. Why is Neth shocked? Does he hear/see PKI?? Or- no way, is he holding contact to VOC like me and my twin? That is incredible!

I slowly turn my head towards the European country in front of me. The country returns the glare, also seemingly having realized what is going on.
„You.. have PKI with you..?" the tall one then asks. I inhale, nodding.
„And.. you got VOC.." I then say. Nether nods too, silent this time. I then watch him doze off, processing. PKIs yelling got my attention.

„How the hell are you here?! I thought you were finally gone!" He yelled, probably at VOC, but I can't see him or anything. My brother continues.
„Oh really! Now this is my fault? Be glad that I can't murder you again!" He hissed. My eyes narrow immediately. PKI murdered VOC before? He never told me that. Poor VOC. Sure I know what he did.. but still.

„How come you two have never seen each other as ghosts in this village? You are practically neighbors." Netherlands suddenly speaks, looking next to him. I assume VOC is there.. somewhere. I glare to PKI, silently demanding an answer as well- but he just scoffs and turns his head, mumbling insults. So I turn my attention back to Netherlands, who now just stands there, freely chatting with his ghostly twin. Seems like he is taking it very well. Not sure if I should be impressed or worried.

If we are talking about worried- PKI kept me awake most of the night, and I had to defend Lux and his siblings from his accusations. To my surprise he eventually had shut up, but then it was already 5am. I decided to clear my mind with a walk- and soon met Neth in front of Germanys bakery. Then I tucked along with him. He seemed uncomfortable with everyone asking him about yesterdays event, so I kept quiet. My surprise was that I got invited to breakfast and well- and here we are now.

I spot Nether turning red, looking a little triggered, then turning around, facing me with his back. I feel like he does not like looking at me too much...
„Do you want some tea Indo?" I got then asked, and I crack a smile.
„Sure."
„Take a seat then. And PKI, don't mess with my brother please we both know he is still scared of you~" Neth calmly says. On that PKI coughs, looking rather surprised, but also provoked to him. I suppress a giggle. Man I need to get to know Netherlands better, he seems fun.

A little later- we four just went silent the entire time- another door opens. I turn my head to see Belgium walking out of her room yawning. Still having her eyes closed, she slowly moves towards us.
„Nethhh, I need some waterrrrr." She groans, clearly really tired. Neth exhales.
„Aight sure." He says, me finding something lying in his voice which I'm not quiet able to identify. I watch him picking up a cup filled with water, walking over to his sibling. Before I could react, he simply threw the water at Belgiums face, hitting directly... nice.
„AA- NETH WHAT THE HELL!"
„You said that you wanted water, there you go." her older brother snickered. I snicker too.
„I hate to admit, that was a nice one." PKI admits too and choke on my laugher. Wait is he really praising him?? But since when is he-

„Don't you dare get the wrong idea VOC, I may not be able to kill you but I can hurt you in other ways!" my twin then yells inside the room, making me flinch. Jesus Christ what is going on with those two??
I notice another room opening.
„Belgie why are you screaming it is 8am!" I hear an angry Luxembourg yelling at the female while Neth is suppressing hard to not giggle further. I just lean back and watch. In the meantime Belgium has gotten a towel, rubs her face and hair dry, scanning the room. The eyes stop seeing me.
„Huh? What is Indonesia doing in our house? And why that early?"
„I picked him up on the way here. Also Lux- why did you tell anyone about yesterday?"
„Huh?"
„Do you know how many people came to me- worried for nonsense?" Nether starts questions, sounding a little distressed. Belgium shakes her head.
„It's not ‚nonsense'! That never happens! We are worried for you because we care about you! Like everyone else here does! So get that out of your fucking mind!" She hisses at Neth, clear and not nicely. Oh geez, I didn't come here to witness family drama..