Chapter 16: The Return

Netherlands POV

I take some deep breaths, trying not to sound shaky. Luckily, it's not shaky at all anymore. That is.. Good. Seems like I've finally fully calm down and regained self control. I look at Indo in front of me. My heart is racing but I manage to stay calm again. Yes, self control. Important for later. I wouldn't want anyone going crazy over me again. And yet, despite the 'self control' aspect, my face is still burning. That's so embarrassing thank God any of my siblings cannot see me right now. There are just so many emotions at the same time holy shit. Indonesia is smiling widen at me and I smile back, happy, but I scared him as I spaced out a few moments ago. Didn't mean to, yet my brain is still processing that my crush and I are now a real thing. I simply pat the smaller person, caressing with my hand through his hair. Not sure how far he wants to go, or Indo even wants a kiss, but I will not try to force myself onto him. This .relationship is very precious to me, after all. In the process of me caressing of his head, Indo leans against me again, visibly happy.
"I'm glad."
"You have now idea how glad I am."
"Are you feeling better, Neth?"
"Much better, thanks. Again, don't tell anyone.. for oblivious reasons."
"Don't worry, I don't mind. Also you're quite comfy."
„H-He."
" :) "

Indo winks at me and I turn my head away. What is this sudden change in his behavior? He is so flirtatious now.. not that I mind. Although, before this gets too embarrassing for me in my sort of stable yet unstable mood, I decide that now would be a good time to go back, y'know before things turn awkward. I also have people to meet... I try to not remind myself of my poorly planing skills. Usually, with planing to tend to plants I never make mistakes, but with people it's just something different. Like that, I let go of Indo. He frowns a little, then looks up to me with a questioning look. And oh my god he is so tiny. I clear my throat.
"We should go back. Before it.. uh gets late."
"Like- now?"
"Yeah."
"Do we really have to? I enjoy being with you alone~"
"Y-Yes. Mhm. We got to." I insist as Indo tries to restrain me with flirts. My heart can't take this, Indo you'll murder me at this rate! My... partner scoffs
"Okay, fine, but only if you carry me."
"..."

I give in, and walking back, I carry Indonesia on my back once more, well, I guess he still hates mud. Or is that any flirtatious excuse? It's so exciting to think about. In the moment, for the fact that just all of my wishes came true in the most embarrassing way possible: again- my crush liking me back and even asking me first and all that despite me being mentally unstable, oddly I feel way calm about it now. Still: OH MY GOD. This is the best day ever! While I walk, Indo holds onto me, resting his head on my shoulder. He really snuggles into it, which makes me both smile and blush. So it is a flirtatious excuse! I internally chuckle. And now I don't even need to hold back anymore, I suppose..

"..Damn, you're cute." I mumble my thoughts out loud for the first time. SUCCESS! I get giggles as reply and then some head pat as my head is spinning.
"How long did you wait to say this?"
"Way too long."
"Awh, really? Since when do you like me?"
"Well, basically my entire life here. You?"
"That's sweet, I really like you since you stepped up for Ame. Now knowing that you felt something for me, I imagine that you didn't like him much.."
"True, but I try being neutral towards people if they seek out my help. Ame still is my friend after all!"
"One reason to love you even more!"

Now I am the one giggling, awfully red. God, it would be embarrassing with others around, but deep down I hope this never ends. It's just so sweet! Suddenly, Indo gives me a kiss behind the ear and I gasp. That's happening already?! Isn't it too early?? Or am I just panicking??
"Indo!" I Yelp, gasping.
"Oh come on, I'm sure you'd adore it. Otherwise I'm sorry." he laughs. His laugh is really cute, like always- but it sounds even more cheerful now. I clear my throat before replying, looking ahead, deep red, as the entire day. Surely I am having a headache later.. I wonder if it is okay to make our relationship open right now.
"Are we going to tell the others? Like, immediately?"
"Mmmm, no, they can figure it out themself."
"Ah."
" 'Ah' yes."