The Curse

(We open on a spooky place; ghosts traverse the screen before clearing up to reveal the spooky island. This is the Ghost Council, who is currently interviewing ghosts to sprinkle some misery to the human world.)

Aquamarine Ghost Council Member: Your performance... is disappointing.

(Thunder strikes as we cut to a closer view of the council in session.)

Blue Ghost Council Member: Misery is declining... (poofs a meter, currently at the green) in Cedar Valley!

Gray Ghost Council Member: While joy is on the rise!

(The gray member shows the meter, which confirms just that.)

Pink Ghost: There's nothing I can do! They... opened a dog rescue! You can't expect me to compete with puppies!

Aquamarine Member: That is precisely what the Chairman expects.

(Pan up to reveal the Chairman, a towering black phantom. He points... the pink ghost is suddenly wrapped in wind.)

Pink Ghost: Don't send me to the Flow of Failed Phantoms!

(The Flow re-emerges.)

Pink Ghost: Please! I can do better! They had... PUPPIES!!!!!....

(The pink ghost is sucked in; no more of her. The flow retreats.)

Aquamarine Member: (sighs) Just one last ghost to review...

(The other members voice their disapproval.)

Gray Member: Not her.

Blue Member: Must we?

(In comes a green member.)

Green Member: The Ghost Council summons... Molly.

(Meanwhile in the human world, a yellow ghost was in the backyard of an unused house. She was watering a garden of flowers, she puts down the can and picks a violet from the garden. She deeply sniffs the flower and sighs)

Molly: Ahh... (Suddenly, a blue wormhole appeared above Molly and it sucked her up) Waaahh!! (She was transported to the ghost council's office. She fell flat on her face dropping the violet, she got up and saw the council in front of her then she got up with a smile) Hey! It's my favorite council! (Floats up to them) How's it going? You look good! (Goes up to the chairman) You especially, Mr Chairman! (Raises her hand for a high five then she puts it down) Okay, maybe later...

Pink Member: Molly, you are everything us ghosts are against. You're kind...

Blue Member: Cheerful...

Aquamarine Member: Generous...

Grey Member: And dare I say it... friendly... (All members shudder upon that word) But we can't argue with your numbers. (poofs the meter again, this time one linked to Brighton) Your town of Brighton is truly a miserable place.

Aquamarine Member: We shall mark your performance as... "adequate." Now, our work is done!

Pink Member: Yes, we are off to the Haughty Haunts Club!

Molly: Ooh! Can I come!? I've never been to that place before! Should I wear fancy or casual?

Gray Member: (laughs) You are not invited, Molly.

Blue Member: ...but you are dismissed.

(And with that, Molly was sucked back through the wormhole to the human world. She landed back in her garden, falling flat on her face again. She got back up.)

Molly: Okay, guys. I'll catch up with you later... (The violet she had with her floated down to the ground near her and the portal closed. She picks up the flower and it wilted in her hand. She sighed in sadness.)