The Greatest Concert Ever

(We start the scene close to where the last episode left off. Patty, Eric, Molly and the rest of the family are reviewing some of the town's people music talents for the concert, to which Patty constantly rejects.)

Group of men: ♪ My dear Doreen my dear Doreen ♪

♪ She stole my spleen ♪

Patty: Nope!

Group of ladies: (ringing bells)

Patty: Pass!

Old Woman with dog: (tells the dog to bark rhythmically)

Patty: Hard pass!

Kid: (plays bassoon out of tune)

Patty: Get off the stage!

Eric: (Groans) All these guys suck!

Pete: I don't think they were all bad, and Darryl clearly liked it. Right, Darryl?

Darryl: (he's dancing with his hood up) Huh? Sorry, I was listening to Atomic Pink. Didn't hear any of that.

Eric: See? We need someone with actual talent for this.

Patty: Yes! We need something that'll rock this town! (dances)

(Molly gasps)

Molly: Eric! I got the perfect idea for our Bandshell performer. Kenny Star!

Eric: Kenny who-now?

(Molly jumps in the screen and pulls down a projector screen, transitioning from the bandshell to Eric's room.)

Molly: Kenny Star is Brighton's biggest celebrity. Well, technically he was born in Tuscaloosa, but his great-great grandmother's second cousin once removed did summer school here, which means Kenny's basically a Brightonian!

Eric: How do you know so much about him?

Molly: I've heard his music so much around town. He is so cool! Check it out!

(A music video of Kenny is played)

Kenny Star: ♪ I'm just a red-blooded

Hard-working regular guy ♪ ♪ Don't need no caviar ♪

♪ Just give me

Burgers and fries ♪

♪ I ain't ever shopped

On Rodeo Drive ♪

♪ I'm just an ordinary guy ♪

♪ I'm just a sports-lovin' ♪

♪ Truck-drivin' average dude ♪

♪ I'm just an ordinary guy ♪

♪ Work in a cubicle

Ordinary guy ♪

♪ I drive a soccer carpool ♪

♪ Ordinary guy ♪

Pete: Just like me!

Sharon: (angered) No! Nothing like you! Never trust a musician! They'll listen to your self-produced demo tapes, promise to make you a star, and leave you standing in the rain with an acoustic guitar and a suitcase full of broken dreams!

Pete: Uh...what?

Eric: People! This guy is a huge celebrity! He's never stepping foot in Brighton!

Molly: Oh he, will. I made it my point to know everything about Kenny. Wait 'til you see what I have planned! (Molly pulls another screen down showing full research on Kenny Star)